Odd Facts we didn't know

OK, then what was the first novel ever written on a typewriter? Do tell!

Nobody knows with 100% certainty, but it was most probably Life on the Mississippi, dictated by Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens.

OK, then what was the first novel ever written on a typewriter? Do tell!

Would the surface area of a typewriter be sufficient to write on?The writing would need to be small,and a clever person would prefer to use the typewriter rather than scrawl all over a decent machine.

Edited by gnvqsos

Coca-Cola was originally green.

No this is not correct, it has never been green.. It was sold in green bottles which made it look green...its a myth....you shouldn't just believe what you read, you should find out who wrote it

No this is not correct, it has never been green.. It was sold in green bottles which made it look green...its a myth....you shouldn't just believe what you read, you should find out who wrote it

That isn't always very helpful, unless you know something about the agenda of the person who wrote it. But he won't take kindly to being corrected...he never does.

That isn't always very helpful, unless you know something about the agenda of the person who wrote it. But he won't take kindly to being corrected...he never does.

My exact point was if he can't find out who wrote it then he should at least back up his claim rather than going on someones opinion on the internet

That fence could do with some creosote.

Rumours of your bizarre gardening accident were clearly greatly exaggerated.

Welcome back. :)

On The Scaffold's renowned single "Lily The Pink", other artists adding vocal contributions included:

a. Jack Bruce (Cream);

b. Graham Nash (The Hollies);

c. Elton John; and

d. Tim Rice.

And the "Stephen Frears [who] had sticky-out ears" is a real person of that name who is now a film director.

[High Fidelity, Dangerous Liaisons, The Queen, etc.]

Thank you for correcting me!

Thank you for correcting me!

I didn't correct you.