Nazi uniforms are they sexy or taboo.

No credit to America? There would have never been any D-Day without the Americans so dont talk so bleddy daft. This kind of misniformed and arrogant line of thinking only annoys me. It shows an abysmal knowledge of WW2 history and a decline in the quality of teaching history at schools very obviously

At best Britain was barely holding it's own against Hitler by December 1941, losing everywhere and losing thousands of tonnage of ships to U-Boats in the Atlantic

And still the USA was effectively a spectator:hihi:

They only came in because they were attacked, if it wasent for that, they wouldn't have bothered.. Don't forget they dropped two atom bombs on japan which is still having an effect today..

The first bomb was an experiment,the second sheer cruellty.

I liked the uniforms that Benny Hill's girls sometimes wore

The first bomb was an experiment,the second sheer cruellty.

Absolutely, about 200 thousand innocent civilians died through that

Yes but don't worry. I meant it was unlucky for the Germans although I doubt an extra month of autumn would have meant much in the long run. The invasion of Russia was the turning point at which Hitler had overstretched Germany's ability to win the war. From June 1941 the war was lost. The only question was when.

sorry, yes i know what you meant - being of a certain age, I grew up taught that the sacrifice of the russians was the greatest in human history (it was) and that the nazi project was the worst in human history (it was one of them)

british people believe 'we won the war' which is ridiculous and some think nazi is 'sexy' - it isn't - unless you are a pervert or stupid. that was my point.

And still the USA was effectively a spectator:hihi:

Unless you have any idea at all of what America was like in the years 1939 up until Pearl Harbour then you'l not have the slightest inkling as to why the US never involved itself until then

President Roosevelt however went as far as to risk impeachment by Congress in supplying military aid in the form of Lend Lease to Britain. As a neutral nation it was against international law to supply aid to combatant countries

Unless you have any idea at all of what America was like in the years 1939 up until Pearl Harbour then you'l not have the slightest inkling as to why the US never involved itself until then

President Roosevelt however went as far as to risk impeachment by Congress in supplying military aid in the form of Lend Lease to Britain. As a neutral nation it was against international law to supply aid to combatant countries

I have some knowledge of the period.Neutrality is an option for governments,especially those like Eire who choose to sit watch and wait.Some call it cowardice.

Absolutely, about 200 thousand innocent civilians died through that

Your ignorance on the subject only continues to further manifest itself through your continuous posts,

Go study the Japanese militarisitc culture and it's relation to their God, the Japanese Emperor during that period in history

Get off google

I have some knowledge of the period.Neutrality is an option for governments,especially those like Eire who choose to sit watch and wait.Some call it cowardice.

Some might indeed. Some might say they didnt want the British army back on their soil since it took so long to get rid of them in the first place

Many Irishmen signed up individually to fight for Britain anyway so dont knock it

Edited by Harleyman

Get off google

Is that the best you can do? :hihi: Unlike you I learned WW2 history by reading books, watching documentaries and from school teachers who in my day knew what went on before the Beatles came along :D

Your ignorance on the subject only continues to further manifest itself through your continuous posts,

Go study the Japanese militarisitc culture and it's relation to their God, the Japanese Emperor during that period in history

If you know japanese history, you would know that they did not want to surrender coz it went against what they stood for ( honour )...don't forget because of treaty they had with italy, they were forced in to war

Edited by Drone