Oldham V The Owls

Your welcome.

Wednesday were a yard behind Oldham in the first half and in the first ten minutes of the second half could have gone 3 up, after their first goal wednesday were strolling it against a rapidly tiring Oldham who couldn't keep that pace up, at 3-2 Oldham had a chance to score but apart from that it was all Wednesday.

I would say it was a long way off a brilliant second half performance but Wednesday were a class above.

I didn't see any world class saves but did see one very good one in the begining of the second half.

A game is two halves and Wednesday won but as DJ says "it was the worst first half of his managerial career" and Championship teams won't allow them to get away with that.

I think DJ is good enough to get it sorted and also think Pecnik [if that's the correct spelling] came into the game and will shine for Wednesday this season, Antonio will be a star as long as he remains on the wing and doesn't play central midfied.

I thought Lleira wasn't his usual self but came out 2nd half a different man. DJ must have given them a proper earful at half time as he says 'it was the worst first half he's seen Wednesday play' but then again, realistically he hasn't been with us that long as a manager.

Pecnik is quality, I saw him against West Brom and he ran their defence ragged, not afraid to run at defences and uses neat little bits of skill and flair which we've missed for a while. Like Chrissy Waddle though I'd leave the penalty's to someone else :hihi:

Thought Kirkland made more than one world class save as most the Oldham fans were saying on their forums after the match. Antonio is going to be a great investment for Wednesday and his goal showed all the quality needed to prove this.

UTMO!

I thought Lleira wasn't his usual self but came out 2nd half a different man. DJ must have given them a proper earful at half time as he says 'it was the worst first half he's seen Wednesday play' but then again, realistically he hasn't been with us that long as a manager.

Pecnik is quality, I saw him against West Brom and he ran their defence ragged, not afraid to run at defences and uses neat little bits of skill and flair which we've missed for a while. Like Chrissy Waddle though I'd leave the penalty's to someone else :hihi:

Thought Kirkland made more than one world class save as most the Oldham fans were saying on their forums after the match. Antonio is going to be a great investment for Wednesday and his goal showed all the quality needed to prove this.

UTMO!

I may be wrong but my impression of Lliera is he may well spend quite a bit of the season either suspended or injured, he looked very brash to me but solid.

I may be wrong but my impression of Lliera is he may well spend quite a bit of the season either suspended or injured, he looked very brash to me but solid.

I would say Lliera is our best defender, he hasn't really put a foot wrong in his time at the Owls. Very solid and a great passer of the ball, can knock in a free kick or two as well :)

Reda just keeps on improving and will be a huge rock too this season, it will be a season to show his real strengths and how he can cope with other equally physical players.

You can get tablets for that mate.;)

Ask your Doctor for Mighty Wednesday . . .

. . . That's the best medicine for most fans. :thumbsup:

Back to the Oldham v Mighty Owls game, were Wednesday brilliant second half or what! I think we will do exceptionally well this season if we can play like that for a full game. We absolutely hammered them 2nd half.

Don't tell anyone... but I was very concerned during the 1st half.

I did want Mighty Wednesday to loose and concentrate on the league but

I didn't want the humiliation that I enjoyed at Bramall Lane.

So... You've heard about Alex the hairdryer - well at half time there was a dressing

room performance by Dave Jones the erupting volcano.

Dammit The Mighty won :(

Ive had him in my championship dreamteam just down to the fact i expect he will score a few goals and get a fair few assists to. I think as the season goes on our defence will get better (i hope)

he did well at the end of last season, scored a few too, hopefully he'll rediscover the same spirit this coming season too

You will always get friendly sniping in any football loving City.

It should be welcomed with open arms - particularly whenever

one side is playing with a lot of Mightyness and the other side

is looking like a pub team in the Sunday League.

I have no problem with friendly 'banter' or 'sniping', that wasn't my point, it's the childish playground nastiness i was getting at...

is you off to derby lofty now youve joined the massive? :)

is you off to derby lofty now youve joined the massive? :)

On yer bike...:hihi:

I have no problem with friendly 'banter' or 'sniping'

that wasn't my point,

it's the childish playground nastiness i was getting at...

I know what you mean Longy . . .

Edited by Unregistered
Advice withdrawn.