Oldham V The Owls

the 1st question asked at h/t to the pundits was 'was it a penalty'? and joe royle said yes definately, get over yourself.

continue calling people morons though :hihi::hihi::hihi: reeeeeeeeeally

What does Joe Royle know come on, its a non contact sport now played by Jessie's. I have nothing to get over thank you very much, I'm entitled to my opinion I don't feel it was a pen, you see a lot worse not given.

Mind you Picnic the tosser missed it, so be careful with the stones.:)

Though all the team were bobar up tp ht,turning point was COG coming on for Madine(whats up with this guy,seemed he just wasn't interested)COG laid the ball off well,Coke also helped when he came on,On the night could have been 6-4 to us,Red frightens me at times..

JJ?well he's the same wether in the 1st 2nd or premier,either world class or magumba.

Early days yet and think we will get better and mid table at least.

What does Joe Royle know come on, its a non contact sport now played by Jessie's. I have nothing to get over thank you very much, I'm entitled to my opinion I don't feel it was a pen, you see a lot worse not given.

Mind you Picnic the tosser missed it, so be careful with the stones.:)

but every other person with their own opinion is a moron :hihi:

Your right he did miss, but it didnt cost us the game...... or a playoff final :)

This was my opinion on Coke and COG post last season, and I stick by what I posted then. I reckon they will both be very effective in the Championship, given a fair crack of the whip.

Great result for Wednesday after a unimpressive start. I hope the players attitudes are a bit 'smarter' come the first 'proper' game.

Originally Posted by scoobydotcom

Not sure what's happened to the retained list but for what it's worth here's who I'd get rid of:

Chris Sedgwick

Daniel Jones

Clinton Morrison

Rob Jones

Julian Bennett

Jon Otsemebor

David Prutton

Nicky Weaver

Mike Jones

Mark Reynolds

Giles Coke

Ryan Lowe

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigster

Wouldnt disagree with any of them,But i think cog will go to barnsley and i can see jj leaving.

Me:-

Any news of a retained list yet?

Agree with this little lot (except the bolded - - - Coke and Lowe).

I'd give both a go in the Championship, Lowe especially. He's not let us down when given the chance, and I'd hate to get rid of a goalscorer. They're not easy to come by.

I think Coke has it in him to be a very good player at Championship level.

I'd like to see more of COG to be honest, before I made a decision.

JJ ? Who knows with him?

I know if we let JJ go, he'll come back to bite us, but overall, I think it's time he went. If his attitude and application were nearer 85%, then I'd deffo keep him, but his short bursts of effort, and 40% application just don't swing it for me. And that's a shame, he could have been (still could be) a fantastic player.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

but every other person with their own opinion is a moron :hihi:

Your right he did miss, but it didnt cost us the game...... or a playoff final :)

No just some are morons I know who they are, but I am not writing chapter & verse, I can be a moron you know, its not an exclusive club. But my striking good looks more than compensate for it, it's history now what happened in May move on; we have. :D

Edited by Bypassblade

The lad rang me all excited when Oldham went 2-0 and I can honestly turned round and told him not to bother as Wednesday would win whether it be via extra time or not the overall Quality on the team speaks for itself over that of Oldham's saying that on the dismal first half performance you couldn't tell them apart.

That said as Dismal as the first half was it was obviously just jitters and they pulled it together after what can only have been a rollecking from Jones at half time and second half they looked a different team, they played out wide well and took the game to Oldham a lot more, as soon as the first goal went in you knew where it was going to end up

First goal was highly fortunate and a terrible mistake from the keeper, surely you lot don't rate JJ? He's terrible if you ask me, doesn't like to defend and is only in the game for half of the time on the pitch maximum, carrying a prisoner there in my opinion and need to offload and replace.

I got shot down when I made a point on how terrible I think Gardner is, well my point very much stands correct this evening. He was shocking tonight, reminded me of a Mr Nosworthy who we had the unfortunate pleasure of having at the lane recently. Off the pace, touch like a donkey and flapping at anything waist height and below. He is not a first team Championship regular in my opinion, Oldham strikers made him look very clumsy and average, certain Championship strikers will rip him to shreds.

Positives. The lad Pecnik or whatever he's called took a while to warm up but when he got there he looked very well, good control and both feet which is a huge bonus. The lad O'Grady looked out to prove a point and why not, he wants to play in the championship so I can't fault him for fighting for his place.

Overall two CB's would worry me going into the new season, a few options going forward for you whether they are good enough against Champs team wh knows but second half tonight can't have hurt them. Tighten up at the back and kick off from the first minute and you should be ok for another year up there, anyone thinking play-offs or more on that performance at the back I wouldn't bank on it.

We didnt seem to settle into the pace of the 1st competetive game and oldham looked well up for it. DJ brought the teams heads back into the game at half time and thats why i have faith in him. I would really like to bring in another striker, a winger and a central defender before saturday. if no more tranfers are made i would start with O'grady and Madine (if fit), pecnik on the right side, antonio on the left, coke and semedo in the middle. Lee must have a niggle but buxton looked dodgy so id prefer lee at RB, the rest of the team as you were. Hopefully they can gel quickly. Overall a dire 1st half but a vastly improved second, i think our team has alot of goals in them which is why i think we will do fine in the league.

Wednesday fans have always known JJ is hit and miss - he has looked very lazy and completely out of it some games - really difficult to understand when you see him try and see what he can do. He is a player I can't decide on - now we're in the Championship he'll need to come to the fore much more often, I have confidence that DJ will out/bench him if he doesn't.

They did look like they haven't played together much and I am hoping (like Matt) that they knit together rather rapidly!

By the bye - I've always quite liked Co'G and I hope he continues to prove himself to DJ and commands a regular place in the team.

In the post match interview DJ stated "not many C'ship teams will let us come back from 2 down - they'll (the Wed players) be shown the video".

Says it all for me. Realist, not excitable - just what we need. I will still be approaching this season with a little confidence that we won't finish up in a relegation battle but as a lifelong Wednesday fan I know not to let myself get carried away. :):)

What do you class as 'do fine in the league' - finishing 21st and staying up, or are you expecting top half or even playoffs?

Clough will have seen the owls defence last night and they must fancy their chances of bagging a few on Saturday, looked very creaky, and as said elsewhere looked like the United defence that got us relegated with Nosworthy in charge...

It'll be interesting to see which Pecnik turns up most weeks, the joker from the first half or the one that played better after the flukey goal... interesting though that Coke is now in favour, after not being good enough for you in L1 last season! Though that might be because of the change of manager and style.

Thought Gardner was utter poop last night, 9 out 10 of his passes out of defence played to opposition feet, his positioning for the smith header near the end was what I can only describe as pub league.

Pecnik wasn't effective in the first half because he was being played in his weaker position, he came onto the game once coke came on in midfield and he slotted in the center forward position just behind the striker, as for coke, he and megson apparently fell out and he became a disruptive influence in the dressing room, so was shipped out on loan and I reckon DJ just didn't want to rock the boat when coke returned to the club,

JJ, he's a conundrum he is the sort of player that can either go all game unnoticed and turn up in 90th min and pop in the winner or he will run a team ragged for the whole time he's on the pitch and not score with his shots being closer to the corner flags.

Heard there's a loan deal going through on Friday for a prem striker untill jan, as with all rumours I'll believe it when it's on the website.

just wanted to highlight the following posts whic i never had time to do last night and a big thumbs up :thumbsup: generally to the honest and straight thoughts on the match and the players from both sets of fans, especially the blade fans for being honest and telling it straight instead of the usual crappy "banter" which seems to have invaded the thread and i cant be doing with

I would willingly loose this game if it gives a Mightier

Wednesday for the Championi-ship.

We may need to make sacrifices.

Mighty Sheffield Wednesday are very, very naughty.

I instructed them to loose - get out of any cup runs and avoid injury.

It seems that Mighty Wednesday have forgotten how to loose.

I disagree.

I don't want our first competitive game of the season to start with a loss.

I'm glad you disagree.

That's what debate is all about. :thumbsup:

Mighty Sheffield Wednesday are very, very naughty.

I instructed them to loose - get out of any cup runs and avoid injury.

It seems that Mighty Wednesday have forgotten how to loose.

Did you go to Oldham mate or do you only attend United games?

Are you going to this game mate or is it just United games you attend??

I go to numerous games and fortunately, in the case of united, I don't

have to pay for admission.

just wanted to highlight the following posts whic i never had time to do last night and a big thumbs up :thumbsup: generally to the honest and straight thoughts on the match and the players from both sets of fans, especially the blade fans for being honest and telling it straight instead of the usual crappy "banter" which seems to have invaded the thread and i cant be doing with

One match gone for each side and it's already started, i think it's going to be a long season on here with all the sniping...

I go to numerous games and fortunately, in the case of united, I don't

have to pay for admission.

You still have not answered mate, did you go to the Oldham game?

I find it very strange that a person who spends so much time trying to get Blades fans to go to Wednsaday games should go to United games but not wednesday or are you saying you would watch Wednesday if it was free?

Edited by fiftyshades