Where to go on a first date?

Hi all.

Im taking a girl out on wednesday night, meeting in the sheffield tap. Any suggestions about where to go on from there? I know most of the pubs in the town centre but looking to take her for a meal and im a bit unsure where to go.

Most probably be looking to eat around 9 ish, maybe a bit before.

Thanks.

It all depends on what type of date it is ?

Do you know this girl or is it someone you quite fancied and asked out ?

You can send different signals from the venues you choose so a bit of ground work wouldn't go a miss !

Tell you what though I wish it was me as it's so exciting playing the good old game of courting !

Good luck :hihi:

I think mcdonalds has restraunt status

Take her to McDonalds with a candle :hihi:

Seriously though, I too may be doing the 'first date' thing soon, and I have no idea where to go and what the etiquette is. Sadly I am kind of new to this.

take her to the bankers draft i think its 2for10 and cheap beer too oh and if things dont work out she hasnt got far to go for the tram it stops outside :hihi::hihi:(only joking)

Hi all.

Im taking a girl out on wednesday night, meeting in the sheffield tap. Any suggestions about where to go on from there? I know most of the pubs in the town centre but looking to take her for a meal and im a bit unsure where to go.

Most probably be looking to eat around 9 ish, maybe a bit before.

Thanks.

Or, you could do what we used to do when we were courting, you know talk, ask her what she wants to do find common ground then go for it, have a great night.

Be your own man other ideas are okay, but at the end of the day its you 2 that's going out, I'm an old traditionalist also, none of this "Dutch" crap, get your hand in your wallet.:):)

Or, you could do what we used to do when we were courting, you know talk, ask her what she wants to do find common ground then go for it, have a great night.

I was going to say the same. I hope she doesn't read this forum or the date will be off.

I think mcdonalds has restraunt status

Jesus! a first date, and he's looking to impress? And you suggest THAT????? You're obviously out to sabotage his chances of getting laid!

Take her to McDonalds with a candle :hihi:

Seriously though, I too may be doing the 'first date' thing soon, and I have no idea where to go and what the etiquette is. Sadly I am kind of new to this.

good pointer if you meant McDonalds St Pauls (now Mecure St Pauls) then yes that would be a good first date to impress the food is outstanding.

If youre not driving jump in a cab to bottom of Eccy Road .Lots of bars to go and an a selection of restaurants (italian indian etc )also only another short cab ride over to London Road with its differing selection of eateries (Thai ,chinese vietnamse ,Greek and Turkish etc)

good luck

Zanzibar at Broomhill, previously UK Mama, as seen on TV. It never seems to busy so it should be easy to get a table!

Do you want to be staying around the city centre area? I'm guessing so if you are meeting at the Tap.

Silversmiths is really handy and gets great reviews. Wig and Pen on Campo Lane a little bit further, but not much more than 10 minutes, and should impress food-wise.

Ego and Piccolinos are chains but decent quality and nice atmosphere, both next to the Winter Gardens.