Roadworks on A61 Penistone Road - potential delays

Until some arsehole of a planner blocks them off.:rolleyes:

Since when did planners block off main roads? There are quite a few of them coming in from the North. Still ,let's not let inconvenient facts get in the way of slagging off the Council / planners eh?

As I have said and has been independently confirmed, the main roads from the North are not blocked off (ie there are no restrictions on the A61 at the moment). There are temporary signals on Barnsley Road at the moment, that's all.

There are temporary signals on the A61 at the moment, it added an extra 20 minutes to my journey home tonight.

I accept that works like these need to be done, but what really cheeses me off is the ignorant people who can't be bothered to wait in the queuing left hand lane with us mere mortals and have to jump into the right hand lane to get 100 yards further along the queue.....WE ALL WANT TO GET HOME!!!

Regards

Doom

We apologise for the delays and inconvenience this work may cause, however please be assured we are working as quickly as we can to get this work completed.

Work in the main carriageway will be carried out under two-way traffic lights which will be manned at all times to ensure traffic is able to flow as quickly as possible. You will be able to travel along the A61 Penistone Road at this time although this is likely to incur delays.

From 6 February 2012, we will start at the junction of Wheel Lane to outside 23 Penistone Road. Whilst we carry out the work on this section Salt Box Lane and Wheel Lane will be closed at the junction with the A61 for approximately 3 weeks.

Once this section is complete and Salt Box Lane and Wheel Lane are re-opened, we will then start on the next section between the junctions of School Lane and Norfolk Hill. During this time we will close School Lane from 27 February 2012 and then Norfolk Hill will be one way only (uphill) from 5 March 2012. We will also need to close the junction of Whitley Lane whilst we are on this section.

Suggested diversion routes can be downloaded from our website http://www.yorkshirewater.com/A61 and these will be well signposted while we are on site.

We apologise for the disruption this work will cause, however this essential project is necessary to ensure we continue to provide the best quality drinking water to customers in Sheffield. This £8million project is part of our £376million investment across Yorkshire between 2012 and 2013.

For more information please visit the website http://www.yorkshirewater.com/A61 or contact our site customer service team on 0844 8481096 (Monday to Friday 8am - 5.30pm).

Maybe if you'd said that in your OP rather than a load of marketing balls about how you make sheffields water magical and super and the wettest water that exists on planet earth accompanied by very unclear info on what you were doing you wouldn't have looked like a set of unconscionable asshats?

Just a thought for future posts. More info, less spam about how you're just super while jacking the prices sky high.

There are temporary signals on the A61 at the moment, it added an extra 20 minutes to my journey home tonight.

Yes, I saw them, wasn't causing any problem when I came through, but that was was after peak hours.

Yes, I saw them, wasn't causing any problem when I came through, but that was was after peak hours.

That would explain a lot.

"I wander into work when i feel like it and it's not delayed me, what are these silly people whose employers expect them to turn up at a fixed time complaining about?"

That would explain a lot.

"I wander into work when i feel like it and it's not delayed me, what are these silly people whose employers expect them to turn up at a fixed time complaining about?"

No, I "wandered" home past that junction at 7.30pm, having passed it on my way to work at 8am this morning. That's because I'm extremely busy and work long hours.

I have the benefit of flexi-time working, so I can normally avoid peak hour traffic. Many other employers recognise the benefits of working flexibly.

The temporary signals didn't delay me this morning because they weren't there. I'll be using an alternative route tomorrow.

No, I "wandered" home past that junction at 7.30pm, having passed it on my way to work at 8am this morning. That's because I'm extremely busy and work long hours.

I have the benefit of flexi-time working, so I can normally avoid peak hour traffic. Many other employers recognise the benefits of working flexibly.

The temporary signals didn't delay me this morning because they weren't there. I'll be using an alternative route tomorrow.

Fair play putting in the old 11 hour days. That's good old fashioned hard graft. If your employer is telling you that's flexi-time however I think they are pulling the wool over your eyes. Miss the traffic by starting early and then miss it again by finishing late isn't flexi-time, it's work really long hours. So either your employer is lying or you are. I think we know which one is factual don't we?

I went A61 at 6.30am, perhaps I was too early as there were no delays, but I'm thinking positively and am hoping they are cleared away during the evening ? - maybe I'm in for a shock tomorrow :(

I came back down A61, hitting Grenoside around 6.25pm - traffic was very slow and seemed to be at a standstill back to the pub just before the speed camera (Norfolk Arms ??). I turned right and went up / down FoxHill - which was busy, but moving. Probably added 15 mins to my journey home (slowly edging forwards until I could get to junction).

Will give it a couple more goes, then will prob change my route to motorway, coming off at Meadowhell and cutting across Attercliffe.

I usually set off early in the morning (7.00) to avoid the traffic, this morning the roadworks hadn't started so I was ok. Hopefully with the volume of traffic being quite low at that time, I won't be delayed too much.

Coming home I leave town at about 5.45, after getting stuck in the usual delays down West Bar I eventually got to Grenoside at about 6.15 and was stuck in the queue for 15 to 20 minutes.

I don't think the roadworks will be cleared at night, it looked like there was a dirty great hole in the road.

Regards

Doom

I usually set off early in the morning (7.00) to avoid the traffic, this morning the roadworks hadn't started so I was ok. Hopefully with the volume of traffic being quite low at that time, I won't be delayed too much.

Coming home I leave town at about 5.45, after getting stuck in the usual delays down West Bar I eventually got to Grenoside at about 6.15 and was stuck in the queue for 15 to 20 minutes.

I don't think the roadworks will be cleared at night, it looked like there was a dirty great hole in the road.

Regards

Doom

People in a lot of cities would be envious of doing that distance in half an hour at that time of day without there being any roadworks.

my elderly mother got this letter warning her of water disruption due to this work and she lives at ecclesfield, why send her a letter and put her in a flap ?

Did have to smile at all the people who decided to try and beat the roadworks by cutting through the bottom end of Grenoside only to find that the junction between Cinder Hill and A16 has been blocked off (been like that for over 20 years). Saw 5 cars pull up to the concrete bollards and turn back there in about 2 minutes :roll: