Sheffield Jubilee Fayre - Norfolk Heritage Park - 26 & 27 Aug 2012

The Sheffield Jubilee Fayre is taking place on 26th and 27th August in Norfolk Heritage Park.

Details: http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/dms-connect/search?dms=13&c1=front&feature=1001&venue=2163766

This free entry, major, two-day event is in its 11th successful year, featuring historical living history, re-enactment, craft tent, trade stands, Sheffield Horticulture Show, market stalls and traditional fairground attractions.

New for 2012 - Dr Phantasma’s Ten in One Show – brought to you by The University of Sheffield National Fairground Archive and presented by Sideshow Illusions.

Step Right Up! see this wonderfully colourful and dynamic, traditional show appearing for the first time at Sheffield Fayre. See the Man eating Fish! See the Fire King! Marvel at the Girl with the Invisible Middle! Ten different acts and attractions in one show, all presented by an amazing, unusual collection of strange performers and exhibits! This show, has a forty-foot long vivid and eye-grabbing banner line, it’s a recreation of a traditional American style sideshow. Outside you will be teased and introduced to some of the acts that will perform live inside. You will see acts like Electra, defying 27,000 volts, producing sparks from her fingers and Miss Elastina who twists and contorts her body around steel blades. And all ten shows for only 10p per person.

Also new for 2012 will be a Victorian Themed Marquee to commemorate our Queen’s Diamond Jubilee by commemorating Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee when she opened Sheffield Town Hall.

As well as regular attractions we will be celebrating The London 2012 Paralympic Games with sporting and fun activities courtesy of Activity Sheffield.

The London 2012 Paralympic Torch Relay will be visiting the event on Sunday 26th August 2012.

Here's last year's thread: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=840576

2010's Thread: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=624196

And some photographs from 2010 can be found in this Photography Group thread: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630618&highlight=fayre

went last year it was okay but lacked variety only reenactment and the fun fair archives these were top class but after that it was just a funfair but will go and see the reenactment on the sunday,hope the big cuts its had this year doesnt spoil it,i think it should have more variety like pheonix falconry and music or even a dog show but good luck i will try it again bassett one

Is there a timetable of events anywhere? Google wasn't much help!

there must be a time table for the event loved it last year,wondered what has been left

out with the big cuts hope the weathers good as its a cheap day out for couples pity no dog show ect is there any disabled parking as there was only room for a few cars last year

and it made me ill because of the walk otherwise good bassett one

I will be working in the Horticultural Tent at the Fayre, which celebrates all things homemade and home-grown, and I am making a last minute plea for entries!

This year, as you all know too well, has not been the best for growing produce, due to the fairly dismal weather.

If you have any produce which you think is show-worthy, please take a look at the attached web link and fill in an entry form! Cash prizes are on offer!

Categories range from chrysanthemums and roses, to cacti, vegetables, honey, cakes, wine and jam! There are also Olympic themed arts and crafts categories for all ages.

Class 106 in the schedule is specifically for allotments groups to enter- with a £50 cash prize at stake!

Also in the tent will be plants for sale, home made honey and Gardeners' question time!

I don't have a timetable of events for the whole Fayre, but if I get hold of one, I will post it on here asap. I know there is a massive battle re-enactment and living history camp, craft stalls, Fairground Sideshows and a visit by the Paralympic Torch on the Sunday of the event.

Sheffield Fayre runs from 10.30 am to 5.30 pm on Sunday 26th and Monday 27th August with admission free for all. Public information: 0114 286 0400.

Link here to Horticultural Schedule and entry form! (if it doesn't link, please copy and paste the address into your web browser)

visit http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sheffieldfayre

Thanks!

Edited by Ian Well
web link didnt work

as disabled person is there any disabled parking as last year there was only enough

for a few i hope this year there is plenty as disabled should have parking spaces at big

events like this also why no timetable hope the council answer these questions for the

visitors this year thank you

Have spoken to someone at the Centre in the Park- The Guildford Avenue car park is allocated for disabled parking - there are 25 spaces. Mobility Scooters available for hire and can be booked by calling 0114 2860400. will let you know if i can get hold of a timetable. thanks

thank you will give it a try again dont think 25 spaces is anywhere near enough for a large event but will report back after the event thank you for your response lets hope its fine as the event must of cost a lot thank you bassett one

I have just walked my dog in Norfolk Park and it is absolutely flooded. I spoke with a few of the re-enactment people who were just thinking of packing up and saying that they think it might get called off? any idea's....?

There is no way we (organisers) will call it off! It's all set up now. Sunshine forecast for tomorrow - hopefully!

Hope you are right, very waterlogged to say the least! Suppose it's a safety issue, especially if anyone slips on wet grass banking etc.