Sheffield United reserves

Does anyone know if Sheffield United have discontinued their reserve side? They don't appear in any central league fixtures that have been published. There's still a section on the website for them although there's nothing in it. There's also no Academy fixtures on there either and I'm sure they've not shut that down, the web site appears to be more interested in plugging Bladesplayer than actually telling us anything.

Id be shocked if they have as it seems the only way Blades get money in from selling there young players

The website is rubbish never any information, only pathetic attempts to get people to the match making it sound like united have half a chance of winning

You are best calling them to be honest any department should know.

The web site is rubbish! It can't cost that much these days to get a decent web site built!

Reserves are being coached by Chris Morgan it seems.

Reserves and 'others'(full and trialists I believe) were at Matlock and against Hallam

The website is rubbish never any information, only pathetic attempts to get people to the match making it sound like united have half a chance of winning

I agree its Garbage! Get a grip Blades!!!

Reserves and 'others'(full and trialists I believe) were at Matlock and against Hallam

Reserves, youths and triallists, yep that is correct.

The web site is rubbish! It can't cost that much these days to get a decent web site built!

I agree its Garbage! Get a grip Blades!!!

Having a quick look it seems that all L1 teams have the same sort of website + a few of the Championship teams

Having a quick look it seems that all L1 teams have the same sort of website + a few of the Championship teams

I think (from memory) it was one company that got the contract to do all th websites and think one of the lads who made the original "Tomb Raider" was involved, this was quite a while back, could be wrong of course!

The new format of the website will work to my advantage as it will give me the ability to listen to Radio Sheffield whilst on the road travelling to and watching United so I'm not going to grumble. Prior to them changing it I couldn't listen to it as the internet streams shut down online for some reason and Blades Player wouldn't work through my phone so I couldn't listen to any build up, however looking at it now it will so I will be able to sit on route, before and at away games like a sad un and hear how our neighbours are going on as well as team news, injuries etc.

....it seems the only way Blades get money in from selling their young players.

That's the reality for united.

Not only is it rubbish they can't be bothered to update it. Apparently we are in a new under 21 league instead of the reserves although you can name 3 over age players plus a goalkeeper. The first home game is against Barnsley on the 27th August. Wednesday are also in our division. Nothing on the website although they have managed to put the Academy fixtures on today.