Bassist wanted for Death metal band (Xerxes)

Bassist wanted, for Death metal band

Xerxes (http://www.facebook.com/xerxesbanduk) have recently parted with our bassist as he’s off to pastures new. So we are looking for a new bassist.

As a band we have many influences and we would describe ourselves as prog death metal focusing on groove, melody, dissonance and being seriously down-tuned (7/8 string guitars). We have been described by many people after coming off stage as “Groovy as F**k” and “Heavy as F**k” (not our words). So we are looking for somebody committed and willing and enjoys death metal

Influences include: Decapitated, Behemoth, Meshuggah, At the gates, Keep of Kalessin, Death, Gorod, Cannibal Corpse, Bloodbath, Fleshgod Apocalypse etc….

Contact via facebook page/Mobile: 07525928299 (Pete)/ Email [email protected] (Stuart)

Nobody interested? We are slowly pulling a EP together and getting some artwork sorted and we have just had some great up grades to our gear. Any interest just post back or message to the addresses above.

I would but I've only just started playing bass, literally like a few weeks! Good luck in finding someone.

I would but I've only just started playing bass, literally like a few weeks! Good luck in finding someone.

Cheers man, good luck with your playing :D

I'm not a bass player, nor interested in metal, but what does puzzle me is why your band is named after a 5th century BC Persian king. There was definitely no metal music around during his reign.

I'm not a bass player, nor interested in metal, but what does puzzle me is why your band is named after a 5th century BC Persian king. There was definitely no metal music around during his reign.

The name was originality thought up by are lead singer. He knew the name from a computer game he was playing called "system shock 2" in which the evil computer is called Xerxes. The game included elements of dark/ sci fi/horror which fitted us.

The rest of the band knew Xerxes from the Persian King who when portrayed in the film/graphic novel "300" was a fairly formidable god like character, which seams pretty fairly apt for the crushing powerful riffs we try and include in our music. (I know he probably wasn't in real life, despite my huge lack in 5th century history). That, and are drummer was nickname Xerxes due to being tall and bald, like in 300.

I guess like most band name they never really make much sense but, I was happy with the amount of pointy letters to make a logo from (currently still in progress).

Fair enough. But I definitely think you ought to have ready some reference to the actual Xerxes (perhaps the little known role he played as a patron of the arts and his liking for fast, repetitive riffs and use of the flattened fifth on the barbat), just in case another smart ass ever asks the question ;0)

Saw you a few months ago at West Street Live - reckon you stole the night. Still no luck getting an ass player then? I can play bass but I'm a little bit older than you guys, as in I could probably be your dad kind of 'little bit older'.