How much longer does Clegg have.

You want me to provide you with evidence of something that hasn't actually happened yet?

I think he was presuming - on the basis that it is pretty damn obvious - you would understand what he meant. :D

Having lived and worked in some very Tory areas down South for a number of years I can assure you from experience that the above statement is wildly untrue.

What can be said is that there are plenty of tribalists on both Labour and Tory sides. The nearest that the Lib Dem's have ever had to tribal support since the SDP merger used to be students, but since they sold students's down the river that support is gone.

And with it has gone the credibility of the Lib Dem's. It's no suprise that politicians who say one thing to get your vote then do the exact opposite as blatantly as the Lib Dem's did don't get very much trust in return.

Why on this forum do people always select the least relevant comment to argue over?

My main point is that Labour voters are still deluded that the party is somehow on their side. Would you then say that ordinary Southern Tories are under the impression that the Conservatives are for them? And if so, given that the general argument seems to be that they're only for millionaires, big business and bankers, why?

I think he was presuming - on the basis that it is pretty damn obvious - you would understand what he meant. :D

I presume that anyone with more than an ounce of common sense AND a free mind can understand that not any of the parties could expect to get the country back on the straight and narrow in just one term of office after the state New Labour left it in.

The Tories WILL win the next election because common sense will prevail and the majority of the voters who have the sense to look further than the inside of their naval will vote them in to finish the job they have started.

Why on this forum do people always select the least relevant comment to argue over?

My main point is that Labour voters are still deluded that the party is somehow on their side. Would you then say that ordinary Southern Tories are under the impression that the Conservatives are for them? And if so, given that the general argument seems to be that they're only for millionaires, big business and bankers, why?

No actually it's quite important to highlight where people are attempting to mislead the forum.

None of your crackpot theories bear much relation to real life. If they did then Lib Dem's in places like Chelmsford wouldn't be posing as a surrogate Labour party in the same way they they pose as surrogate Tories round here.

. Despite all evidence to the contrary, Labour people are still somehow able to believe that the Labour Party are on their side, and cast their vote under that misapprehension.

Despite Thatcherism and the promotion of selfishness, greed, materialism and the general “ I am all right jack **** you” culture of the 80`s they somehow managed to sneak back in …. Thanks to two faced Clegg, what makes you think the conservatives are on your side.

No actually it's quite important to highlight where people are attempting to mislead the forum.

None of your crackpot theories bear much relation to real life. If they did then Lib Dem's in places like Chelmsford wouldn't be posing as a surrogate Labour party in the same way they they pose as surrogate Tories round here.

You mean because I have no time for the mess that Labour make every time they get control of things due to deluding people into voting for them?

I think you're the one attempting to mislead people. I'm not discussing the Liberal Democrats. I was originally replying to the post postulating that the Conservatives have it in the bag for the next general election. This sort of misplaced confidence is what culminates in us having to suffer the Labour Party at regular intervals. Or even worse, almost permanently if you happen to live in the North.

Or even worse, almost permanently if you happen to live in the North.

The M1 South :wave:

Despite Thatcherism and the promotion of selfishness, greed, materialism and the general “ I am all right jack **** you” culture of the 80`s they somehow managed to sneak back in …. Thanks to two faced Clegg, what makes you think the conservatives are on your side.
I don't think they're on my side either ... just that they seem to be able to make a better job of running the country, long term.

Don't be so foolish, I think you really need a better grasp of what voting is all about, it's nothing to do with sides. We're not in the playground. The parties produce manifestos and you base your vote on whether you think they are capable of or intend to base their governance on the manifesto they produced.

Based on my experience of living in Sheffield, you cannot trust the Labour Party to produce the goods, or even tell the truth about things. So I've never voted for them.

You mean because I have no time for the mess that Labour make every time they get control of things due to deluding people into voting for them?

I think you're the one attempting to mislead people. I'm not discussing the Liberal Democrats. I was originally replying to the post postulating that the Conservatives have it in the bag for the next general election. This sort of misplaced confidence is what culminates in us having to suffer the Labour Party at regular intervals. Or even worse, almost permanently if you happen to live in the North.

I don't know if you've noticed but this is yet another Clegg thread, I'm the one getting back on topic here. And I don't have to fall back on theories that have no basis in reality.

And in case you haven't noticed Sheffield had a Lib Dem council before 2011. It would be preferable for everyone if the Lib Dem's hadn't surrendered Sheffield but that is in effect what has happened. So please take a good look at yourself before whingeing that people don't vote the way you want them to. You have to take the electorate the way they they are. If you don't you don't deserve to get elected. Simple as that.

it's nothing to do with sides. .

:o

That’s exactly what its about ….. them and us.

Based on my experience of living in Sheffield, you cannot trust the Labour Party to produce the goods, or even tell the truth about things. So I've never voted for them.

Based on my experience of having lived with Tory, Labour and Lib Dem councils I can safely concluide that all parties are abysmal. The county council leader the whole time I lived in Essex was Lord Hanningfield (Conservative) who was jailed for expenses fraud. Is that what you mean by "producing the goods"?

I presume that anyone with more than an ounce of common sense AND a free mind can understand that not any of the parties could expect to get the country back on the straight and narrow in just one term of office after the state New Labour left it in.

The Tories WILL win the next election because common sense will prevail and the majority of the voters who have the sense to look further than the inside of their naval will vote them in to finish the job they have started.

Common sense blah blah decent ordinary working people blah blah return to family values blah blah screw you peasants I'll be alright jack blah blah

You think blaming one political party in one country for a global financial crisis - which started in the USA and was caused by bankers - is common sense?

Even the smarmy tory propagandists have realised they have gone as far as they can with that pile of cow cack and its starting to backfire on them now.