Good food at The Horns, High Bradfield

Called in yesterday afternoon, very busy, just wanted a snack so had cheesy chips and onion rings side dish, very greasy. Can't comment on the main meals as not had a meal there for years. Love the location.

We went for a carvery on sunday about 5:30 ish,it wasnt busy.

The chef(alleged)carved the worst piece of fat and gristle i ever had.

The beef was full of it. His appearance was scruffy,there were no carrots,when i asked were those herby diced potatoes? he replied,i dont know, just some potatoes that tasted nice?

They were dry and cold to be honest.

They really need to rejig there yorkshire pudding mix,they were flat and stodgey.

It was the worst carvery we have been to at the old Horns,its usually really good.

We just hope its a one off. will let you know.

Popped in earlier for some food, can't say I was impressed. Generic pub food made with cheap ingredients. Won't be going back.

Been up here today, first time since 2008.

Booked table at 1.30 for 3.30, walked in seated straight away. Got a pint of local ale and ordered food which came out 5 mins after ordering. It wasn't busy but there were a few in.

The misses had fish and chips (small) I had beef pie, we both struggled to finish the food which I don't usually, really good snap.

Overall a really nice relaxing pub, not full of 10 bob millionaires or idiots, felt really relaxed and friendly. We will be going again in the future, iv not tried the cavery but I'd imagine they struggle on a Sunday with space and seating so I wouldn't go then.

We had

Small fish n chips

Beef pie mash n veg

Chips

Pint of ale

Glass of wine

£21.00, good value in my eyes.

We are from rotherham and it is a bit of a trek, but we will be returning.

Also went to granellis sweet shop before and despite the lack of parking, what a great little shop, keep it up. Good value and loads of choice.

Mac