Olympic Medals: How many 'actual' medals have countries got?

As a matter of interest, I was wondering just how many 'actual medals have been awarded to each country.

The table as it stands today puts team GB 3rd in the table behind China and the USA.

But for team events, the whole team get a medal. Which may be 2, 3 ,4 5, etc depending upon the event. But it's only counted (in the tables) as one medal.

I just wondered, if the table might look different if we took an actual count of the number of pieces of metal awarded. We seem to have won quite a few 'team events'!!!

I've no idea how you would find out.....Perhaps a project for someone on here? :)

Oops!

Deleted.

Edited by Lockjaw
Sorry Pete - I misread your post.

I just worked out the British tally, but I can't find data on anywhere else.

It transpires we have (excluding gold and bronze triathlon gold and bronze today.

Gold = 35

Silver = 22

Bronze = 24

To me (yes I know that not how the IOC calculate it), if it's a team event then presumably every member of that team contributed to the win.

I just worked out the British tally, but I can't find data on anywhere else.

It transpires we have (excluding gold and bronze triathlon gold and bronze today.

Gold = 35

Silver = 22

Bronze = 24

To me (yes I know that not how the IOC calculate it), if it's a team event then presumably every member of that team contributed to the win.

The IOC acknowledges that much, which is why every member of the team gets the appropriate medal; but it is only a single event, which is why it only counts one in the medals table. Britain has won the gold in 25 events so far, hence in the medals table you see 25 gold medals, even though 35 may have been physically handed out.

As to Ukraine, we have 6 Gold medals, 2 of which are in boxing. Our boxers were very lucky in London :)