Vic hallam house

hi can anyone help me. have a house on batemoor which is bought and trying to sort out building insurance. its a vic hallam property which is a timber frame - but is it brick on top? brick like tiling down middle rest is upvc under the windows. asphalt flat root - ashphalt on top of what? rang sheffield council and they couldnt help me - tho they had these houses built back in the sixties. anyone shed some light on these properties? thanks

They are not usually brick, although some owners have wrapped them in brick after. They were originally timber frame with tile shingles

insurance company wants to know what the tiles are on top of? thanks

I worked on these when they were first built and if memory serves I think the tiles were just fitted on top of the wooden frame and insulation, It was 1964/65 though so I'm not 100%,

I lived in a vic-hallem untill fairly recently,when i first enquired about insurance i was turned down as it wasent made from brick and mortar.As it was timber framed it was a high fire risk ect/blardy blar so i ended up blagging it by answering the brick/mortar question with...well...i ...think so..And if i would have made a claim and it came back at me id planned to say...sorry i thought all houses were made of brick ect and just acted gormy (not hard for me). And that was just for contents insurance!

Please don't do what owls chick says as if you need to claim you wont get anything as you had not told the truth

Please don't do what owls chick says as if you need to claim you wont get anything as you had not told the truth

Wasent meaning to be dishonest here,was simply telling me story as it was.

I watched something on tv a few weeks ago where someone thought they had told the truth about there home they had a fire but insurance would not pay out as they had told the insurance a different type of lock to what they had what a lock has to do with a fire I don't know

I know,slightly off topic but a lot of car insures wont pay out if you have a crash and you have anything,like furry dice ect hanging from your rear view as it impeades your view..So back on topic..If insurance is denied because of the build what are they to do? Theres not a lot on options...Or am i wrong??

so what the heck do i tick for the insurance? had always put timber frame with brick - but the brick tiling isnt brick? confused . :confused: cos i thought they were like a type of brick have previously put timber frame with brick. have i been wrong? there are boxes for timber frame with brick, timber frame with plaster, pre fabricated non combustable, pre fabricated combustable, glass!?, etc etc - nothing with timber frame and tile?:help:

As it was the Sheffield Council who commissioned the building of these houses perhaps someone in their housing department has some old paper work about how they were built. I think they provided the Clerk of works who would have to know if they were being built to the reg's of the day.

Well they was 100s built so somebody out ther must know/have lived in/ect so if its you please let the op know.I was lucky blagged it but never made a claim but if you did please share your story:)