Wentworth Street

A very quick search online reveals the name of the daughter born in 1953 was Edwina C Booth.

However it appears that this family of Booths are not linked to my Booths - it is quite a common name in Sheffield.

I wish you well in your search for information.

A very quick search online reveals the name of the daughter born in 1953 was Edwina C Booth.

However it appears that this family of Booths are not linked to my Booths - it is quite a common name in Sheffield.

I wish you well in your search for information.

Thanks for looking. I'll keep trying.

Anyone live at number 53 Fawcett Street or near there in 1947? The number could be 63.

Or anyone live at or near 19 Powell Street in 1947?

When Wentworth Street was demolished does anyone know if a family called 'Booth' were moved there?

Anyone live at number 53 Fawcett Street or near there in 1947? The number could be 63.

Or anyone live at or near 19 Powell Street in 1947?

Just checking if you meant Forncett St off Sutherland Rd

Must be from Gleadless if you spell like that so you should know lol

Could be Gleedless Gleeless, Gleeglass, I guess any will be ok. I'm in the dark as to the spelling. Just trying to find out where Wentworth Street residents were sent, when the houses were demolished.

When Wentworth street was demolished who went to live on Ironside road?

Just checking if you meant Forncett St off Sutherland Rd

The spelling I have is Fawcett.

using the search and the "prompt" facility, you will find many threads suggested where you'll find this info within the Forum.

Many of us have discussed, at length, the clearances of the Fawcett Street and Wentworth/ Martin Street areas.

My own father and grandparents lived on Fawcett Street till 1957 when the residents were decanted to Gleadless Valley, and were rehoused on Gaunt and Ironside roads.

---------- Post added 11-04-2014 at 12:49 ----------

Could be Gleedless Gleeless, Gleeglass, I guess any will be ok. I'm in the dark as to the spelling. Just trying to find out where Wentworth Street residents were sent, when the houses were demolished.

On your other thread you were pointed toward Ironside road, and with the correct spellling, to help you on your way to finding the people you are searching for.

Threads merged. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.