Wentworth Street

Has anyone any idea of where the residents of Wentworth Street were rehomed when Wentworth Street was demolished?

I'm looking for the Booth family who lived at no 184 Wentworth Street. s6

Is there anyone on here that knew anyone or they themselves/family, lived on Wentworth street?

My Grandparents lived on the top half of Wentworth Street near the entrance to "the tip"

When the area was cleared they opted for Norfolk Park but I've no idea what other options were available at the time.

Apparently they lived at 185 for many years.

Across the road was a grocers shop ...Slaydons??

Edited by RJRB

Lots of the families moved to Greenhill and Gleaglass

...Across the road was a grocers shop ...Slaydons??
Yes, your memory is good!.:) Old directories show "Mrs Emma Sladen, grocer" at 190 Wentworth Street. Pubic records show that Emma Taylor died aged 92 in 1959.

my mums family lived on Wentworth street dont know the number and they were rehoused to Parsons cross they were a big family so got a 4 bedroom house they were the Chisells

My Fathers family lived on Wentworth Street and went to Ironside Road,Gleadless Valley.

My Fathers family lived on Wentworth Street and went to Ironside Road,Gleadless Valley.

My grandparents were decanted from Fawcett Street in 1957, along with lots of their neighbours, there, and the new housing for them was on Gaunt Close, just the opposite side of Blackstock Road. I know the Dewsnaps were from netherthorpe, and were neighbours of my grandparents in both locations, and I think the Palfreyman family were, also.

Yes, your memory is good!.:) Old directories show "Mrs Emma Sladen, grocer" at 190 Wentworth Street. Pubic records show that Emma Taylor died aged 92 in 1959.

That would be about 4 doors away from the family I'm looking for. They were at 184 in 1953. Any idea where they went? (booth)maybe a different name. Would have been 4 of them . Mum dad and 2 boys.

Can anyone help please. The 'Booths' lived at 184, Wentworth street. I believe they went there in 1947 when they married. Had 2 boys. in 1953 the boys would have been 5 and 3. Sylvia, the mother had a girl in 1953 at Netheredge Hospital. I've lost them and have no idea where to go.:help:

I have a huge amount of information about Booths in the Sheffield area.

Could you give me more names and dates please ?

I have a huge amount of information about Booths in the Sheffield area.

Could you give me more names and dates please ?

The mother was Sylvia nee Housley. 19 years old in 1947 lived at 19 Powell Street. Father Leonard Housley. She was a scissor dresser.

Married Gordon Booth. 22 years old in 1947. He was a bus conductor. His fathers name Walter Booth. lorry driver. Lived at 53, Fawcett street.

Married at St George with St Stephen Sheffield 1947.

There is also a Rita Stevens/ Stevins or it could be 'flechins' or someting else, can't read the signature properly. that was a witness as the marriage.

Sylivia went to St Stevens School in Sheffield, until age 14.

She had 2 boys Terence Gordan Booth 5 in 1953 and Stephen Howard Booth 3 in 1953. Then a girl born at Netheredge Hospital in 1953.

I have no idea where they went when Wentworth Street was demolished.