Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI engine coolant light?

Hi there my car needs looking at its a seat ibiza 1.9 tdi sport and the temperature coolant light is constantly flashing even though the engine temperature is fine. Ive been told its a faulty sensor as the car drives perfect except for a annoying flashing red light on the dashboard.

Is there anywhere i can take the car to to have it fixed dont want to be throwing money if the problem isnt going to be rectified.

Thanks

More than likely a coolant temp sensor, common occurance on these.

You can get them from Euro Car Parts for about £10, and they are not difficult to fit if your b/f / Dad is reasonably handy with some spanners.

More than likely a coolant temp sensor, common occurance on these.

You can get them from Euro Car Parts for about £10, and they are not difficult to fit if your b/f / Dad is reasonably handy with some spanners.

Do you know anywhere that can fit them dont want to do it myself? Also is it definetly going to rectify the problem.

Hi there my car needs looking at its a seat ibiza 1.9 tdi sport and the temperature coolant light is constantly flashing even though the engine temperature is fine. Ive been told its a faulty sensor as the car drives perfect except for a annoying flashing red light on the dashboard.

Is there anywhere i can take the car to to have it fixed dont want to be throwing money if the problem isnt going to be rectified.

Thanks

Have you checked the obvious, is the level of the coolant OK?

Have you checked the obvious, is the level of the coolant OK?

Yes i have it is at maximum

Yes i have it is at maximum

Don't you think you should get your dad or b/f to check that for you?:hihi:

common fault on them same happend to mine and new expansion bottle needed as sensor is iside the round tank

common fault on them same happend to mine and new expansion bottle needed as sensor is iside the round tank

Where did you get it sorted from? Thx

Ive been told the solder joints in the dashboard have become dry so they need resoldering anyone know who can do this?

The coolant sensor is a very common fault on those cars and cost less then £10 to buy, its a 5 minutes job to replace, why dont you change that first and see

The coolant sensor is a very common fault on those cars and cost less then £10 to buy, its a 5 minutes job to replace, why dont you change that first and see

Where can i get this fitted from?