Jessica Ennis MEGATHREAD

Should Jessica be granted the Freedom of the City?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jessica be granted the Freedom of the City?

Perhaps we could project a big Jessica Ennis face onto the moon when it rises and we could all bask in the radiant magnificence of 'Our Jess' every month!

Edited by beefface

Barkers Pool is the one that's been painted

Why have they won a gold medal too?

I don't think so but they are from Sheffield.

OK, now Jessie has won apparently Sheffield gets a postbox painted gold. So where should/will it be?

In the river don I hope, what a load of rubbish childish hype, let's have some sheffield war hero statues around the city, past present, people who have really done something for this country, like giving life and limb.

I wouldnt want that slightly pimped up amateur athletics track named after me! The fact it's still called Don Valley Stadium rather than the Hallam FM Stadium or Real Radio Stadium suggests it's not even worthy of sponsorship money.

let's have some sheffield war hero statues around the city, past present, people who have really done something for this country, like giving life and limb.

There's a great big one in the middle of Barkers Pool. Can't miss it.

Maybe it is time to remember that Jessica Ennis is a world champion and deserves respect.

She has worked very hard to get gain this acolade and should be seen as an inspiration to all who want to achieve their goals in life.

Regarding the Civic reception planned by the Council, think this will be great event, and what a welcome she will receive!

According to Radio Sheffield,they are considering plans for other tributes,just hope they ask Jessica what she would like first,especially before naming any places after her.

Edited by janie48
amended at start of post, since post was moved.

There's a great big one in the middle of Barkers Pool. Can't miss it.

oh yeah! forgot about that one, let's make a bigger one of jessica ennis, lest we forget. :loopy:

This is getting silly now. Well done Jess and all that but come on, it really is ridic.

Maybe it is time to remember that Jessica Ennis is a world champion and deserves respect.

She has worked very hard to get gain this acolade and should be seen as an inspiration to all who want to achieve their goals in life.

Perhaps we should call the Don Valley Stadium the "Jessica Ennis Deserves Respect Stadium"?

What about a 50ft Jess Ennis thigh in solid bronze, 'cause lets face it thats where her power is, in her thighs I mean, It could symbolize Sheffield as the industrial powerhouse of the Europe that it is, or something.