Sheffield's Jess Ennis wins Olympic Gold!

Congratulations Jess, maybe Dame Jessica Ennis, well Kelly Holmes got one..:)

Paul Scriven is suggesting that Tudor Square should be renamed Ennis Square.... What do we think? I certainly think the city should do something to honour Jess.

Paul Scrivens idea is plain silly, but a statue of Jess in the middle of Tudor Square or the peace gardens would be quite fitting IMO.

Paul Scriven is suggesting that Tudor Square should be renamed Ennis Square.... What do we think? I certainly think the city should do something to honour Jess.

Knowing Sheffield it won't be long before something is planned,they will organise a great welcome for her first i'm sure.

http://www.royalmailgroup.com/jessica-ennis-win-celebrated-next-day-olympic-gold-medal-stamp-4th-one-day

If anyone would like to purchase Jess Ennis stamps the following post offices will be open tomorrow:

o Crystal Peaks, Unit 42 – 43, The Market Place Mall, S20 7PL

o Castle House, Angel Street, S3 8LN

o Millhouses, 985 Abbeydale Road, S7 2QD

Does anyone know which post box will be painted gold?

The pressure that jess ennis must have been under would have been huge. Anointed by the media as the face of team gb and "expected" gold medal winner she didnt just win she won with some style. Could teach the footballers a thing or two about dealing with pressure too.

Hearty congratulations jess !

The pressure that jess ennis must have been under would have been huge. Anointed by the media as the face of team gb and "expected" gold medal winner she didnt just win she won with some style. Could teach the footballers a thing or two about dealing with pressure too.

Hearty congratulations jess !

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

The thing is, She takes part in a number of technical events and it only needed one to go pear shaped and she would have blown it.

All those events combined with the expectation and I really did wonder if the pressure would tell....But she seemed to thrive.

Regards

Doom

Aaaaand if you look at our top banner we've come over all gold for a certain local athlete :D

Paul Scrivens idea is plain silly, but a statue of Jess in the middle of Tudor Square or the peace gardens would be quite fitting IMO.

What's silly about it? It's only existed for about twenty years so it's not exactly historic.

Nice work on the new logo:-

SheffieldForum

FOR EVERYTHING ENNIS

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Aaaaand if you look at our top banner we've come over all gold for a certain local athlete :D

Woop, woop.... :cool: