Sheffield's Jess Ennis wins Olympic Gold!

yaaaay! :clap: IMO, the very least she deserves!

Darn right, does she have her own star yet outside of town hall? If not that should be next.

Darn right, does she have her own star yet outside of town hall? If not that should be next.

I didn't know that she had, but fishandchips informed us in another thread that she does.

Originally Posted by aidy

It should either be done in the area Jess Ennis was from originally or paint the one outside the Town Hall. While theyre at it they should get one of those "Walk of Fame" stars done for her on the Town Hall steps.

She already has a star outside the Town Hall.
Edited by Plain Talker
cruddy quotes:- sorry

Since she has a star, she should get freedom of the city. As mentioned earlier in the thread.

Since she has a star, she should get freedom of the city. As mentioned earlier in the thread.

hits the imaginary "Like" button.

Fantastic Jess, we knew you would do it, well done and congratulations

What idiot was suggesting they rename Tudor Square after Jess?:loopy::rant:

What connection to athletics does Tudor Square have???!!!:mad:

Paul Scriven - former Lib Dem council leader.

I've no idea why he chose Tudor Square. Personally I think if anything's going to be re-named, it should be something connected to sport, such as Don Valley Stadium where Jess trained.

I've no idea why he chose Tudor Square. Personally I think if anything's going to be re-named, it should be something connected to sport, such as Don Valley Stadium where Jess trained.

Yes got to say there is logic in what you say, or such as naming an area inside Meadowhall after her, possibly "The Lanes or Oasis", or as was said on an other thread what about naming a tram?

I doubt Meadowhall would agree, because they might want to have those areas sponsored in future (as the Oasis always used to be the Carbonated Soft Drink Oasis).

A tram would be a good idea if they were naming the whole fleet of trams after famous Sheffielders. I certainly agree with that.

Absolutely. It's the only option! Anything less or unrelated to her sport would be churlish to say the least.:huh:

Some of these people really don't live in the same world as the rest of us.:shakes:

They're going to put a track round the outside and a sandpit in the middle.