Sheffield's Jess Ennis wins Olympic Gold!

Well done Jess.

A fantastic role model for young people in Sheffield and everywhere. You really have captured the hearts of the nation, and deservedly too. Queen of Track and Field - LONG MAY YOU REIGN! :)

Congrats Jess! She nailed it just perfectly.

So apparently they're painting a red postbox Gold in each of the winners hometowns, any idea where Jess's is gonna be?

Sheffield wednesday got a civic reception for the "achievment" of being promoted from the third tier to the second tier of the football league.

Jessica has won gold in what must be one of the hardest events in the Olympic games she is an inspiration to thousands of young athletes and a credit to Sheffield, i say give her the freedom of the city or what ever the highest available award is.

Sheffield wednesday got a civic reception for the "achievment" of being promoted from the third tier to the second tier of the football league.

Jessica has won gold in what must be one of the hardest events in the Olympic games she is an inspiration to thousands of young athletes and a credit to Sheffield, i say give her the freedom of the city or what ever the highest available award is.

I totally agree, footballers are overpaid underachieving sports people whereas Jessica Ennis is very talented and the real hero of Sheffield.

I totally agree, footballers are overpaid underachieving sports people whereas Jessica Ennis is very talented and the real hero of Sheffield.

the people in the olympics with thier patriotism and enthusiasm have shown up footballers for what they are selfish greedy t***s

Well done Jessica, a Sheffield lass done good. I first saw Jessica 5-6 years ago and thought what guts , strength and determination this lass has got and she has proved it. A fantastic show Jessica you did yourself, your family your country and Sheffield very proud indeed. What odds she takes the 100 mtrs hurdles Gold? I wouldn't bet against her.

She is now a global superstar - the world is her oyster!!!

She thoroughly deserves this for all the hard work , dedication and total focus that she has shown. I had goosepimples and tears in my eyes as she overtook her rivals in the home straight and powered through to victory , roared on by the crowd - An awesome moment to witness.

Seb Coe has just called her "the best athlete to ever come out of Sheffield" on R5.

:)