Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know somewhere that teaches 3 section staff skills?

Hi there, about a year ago a friend decided to get me a 3 section staff as a birthday present but I havent been able to teach my self how to use it. I can use nuchuki to limited level but would love to learn how to use the 3 section staff. Does anyone know where i could learn in the sheffield/rotherham area? any help would be appriciated as i simply havent a clue as to how to use it and I got fed up of hitting my head with it.

cheers

hi, i know a preying mantis instructor who seems to know how to use just about every trad weapon. he occasionally posts on the forum - minds gone blank - his forum handle is either mantisdave or davemantis. suggest you have a chat with him. i train with him on saturday mornings in dinnington, but that class is primarily wing chun. good luck.

just seen a posting, its davemantis

thank you ill try an get in touch him

Think there's also someone at the 393 club in Hillsborough who runs a lau gar kung fu class who might be able to help you... well there's a big painting of him on the wall using one anyway. His name's Adrian.

It’s not an easy weapon to use and most clubs will not teach it to beginners.

hi davemantis, i havent made enough posts yet to pm you sorry, but anyway I would just like to be able to use 3 section staff with a degree of skill as its such a rarely used weapon ( to my limited knowlage anyway ), I have an intrest in stuff like this i learnt how to use nuchukas (didnt learn how to spell it tho) and a few more circus props like poi and staff. i think 3 section staff would be a gud one to kno how to do but i just dont kno what ur supposed to do with it really.

I would suggest joining a kung fu club that teaches it. But you will find it will take some time to get onto it. The good thing is you would pick up a lot of other weapons on the way.

graham abdulla, contact 393 club, he also gives private lessons if you wish