Woodhouse Mill/Woodhouse in general

Hi,

Me and the wife are looking at moving house in the next 3 months or so. We have seen quite a few houses for sale in the Woodhouse Mill area and just wondered if anyone could offer any advice on the area in general?

Are there any parts of Woodhouse we should avoid?

Thanks

Hi,

Me and the wife are looking at moving house in the next 3 months or so. We have seen quite a few houses for sale in the Woodhouse Mill area and just wondered if anyone could offer any advice on the area in general?

Are there any parts of Woodhouse we should avoid?

Thanks

Avoid the badger council estate at woodhouse and to be honest woodhouse mill is a good area.

The coalbrook estate acrsoss from the jet petrol station at woodhouse mill is decent.

Also avoid the estate across from the Junction pub a bit further down on the right hand side, the smell of sewerage can be shocking in the summer.

Thanks, we've been looking at that area as it happens. Thanks for the info

I'll avoid the badger estate and surrounding area !

I have lived in woodhouse all my life and yes the badger has a bad reputation but its like any other council estate a few bad apples spoil the estate, but the rest of woodhouse and the mill are really nice, i have family that live in various parts of the village and very rarely do any have a problem.

Its like any other part of sheffield you will always get good and bad reports if you ask enough people best thing is visit different places at different times and them make your own mind up :)

Thanks everyone for all the info. We have seen houses on Coalbrook Road and Orgreave Rise, hopefully they are still on the market in a months time.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone for all the info. We have seen houses on Coalbrook Road and Orgreave Rise, hopefully they are still on the market in a months time.

Thanks again

Orgreave Rise is almost Handsworth,vastly superior to either part of Woodhouse.

doubt youll be going near the badger if you live down't mill anyway, even if you walked up the village youd be passing it rather than through

Also avoid the estate across from the Junction pub a bit further down on the right hand side, the smell of sewerage can be shocking in the summer.

Its not that bad at all used to be but they have sorted that problem out years ago

Orgreave Rise is almost Handsworth,vastly superior to either part of Woodhouse.

You are right a lot nicer

To be fair, it's only once in a while. I lived in Woodhouse Mill for the first 10/11 years of my life and remember it being worse as a kid to what it is now.

It wouldn't put me off living there anyway as, if it does smell anytime, it's usually during the day when most people are out at work.