Was there a doctors surgery on cemetary road 25 years ago?

Can anyone tell me the address of the doctors surgery on cemetary road 25 years ago? I was pregnant at the time and can remember visiting the doctor but was told there was never a surgery there. Can anyone confirm I was right?!

the only doctors surgery on cemetery road was more the 25 years ago

it would be about 1970 just below washington road then they moved on to washington road

I thought it was a surgery up near the top end of the road not far from the roundabout in one of the big houses on the left as you head away from town. i have a vague recollection of the front fencing being made out of wooden uprights with rope connecting them. I'm sure it had some sort of plaque or sign up although i suppose it may of been a dentist.

Thank you for your replies, I seem to think the surgery was near the cemetery entrance. It was one of the big terraced houses, perhaps number 287 or 289. I can remember walking up steps to the front door.

Can anyone tell me the address of the doctors surgery on cemetary road 25 years ago? I was pregnant at the time and can remember visiting the doctor but was told there was never a surgery there. Can anyone confirm I was right?!

dear dawn i was born on sunderland st which was down the side of the vine pub 1946 and went to doctor blakes surgery till 1957. going down cemetary rd from the traffic lights ,doc blakes was about 12 houses down opp twist drill. i know it has all changed now.doctor blake was a top surgeon in sheff .he lived on derbyshire lane and i believe he commited suicide...regards.brian

Maybe Dr Greaves. I don't recall the number, but your description fits the location.

Maybe Dr Greaves. I don't recall the number, but your description fits the location.

From Kelly's Directory of Sheffield and Rotherham (1970):

Greaves, Cyril H., M.B., Ch.B. physen. & surgn

as WALLBUILDER says, up near the roundabout.

I went to Dr Greaves, near the top of Cemetry Road. This would have been early to mid '80's. The surgery then moved and became the Hollies Medical Centre on St. Andrews.

Oh blimey...we had Dr Greaves for years. My mom and her grandmother had him too...sure mom said it was cyrils father...I cant remember him but I do remember one of the doctors coming out to my great grandmother when her fingers swelled so much her wedding ring was cutting into her finger...my mom called for the doctor and he came...within a very short time..in a dinner suit..as he was at some function...and cut the ring from her finger....now can you see a doctor doing that these days..I very much doubt it....Dr Greaves used to have a cavalier king charles spaniel..I think they called her bella...and so did we...and he was always asking my parents if we would mate our dog with his...it never came off...sadly a few years ago I heard he had died...he was a lovely man....he delivered my older brother and sister...not sure if he delivered me though...:rolleyes: You dont find doctors like him these days...which is a shame.