Holiday Resorts in the UK

Listening to friends whom go away every year to a different UK seaside resort, has gave me a negative view of our once thriving coastal resorts.

Every year they go away to a different Uk resort and bring back real grim reports of how nothing to do at resort except drink and how run-down the area is and full of the social problems we experience in our beloved Sheffeild.

Is it my friends' that have a negative view, or are others' experiencing this when in any Uk resort?

I don't have a problem with them,i must have been going to the right resorts.Havn't been to Blackpool for some years though,i wasn't to impressed on the last visit.

We go to Scarborough & Brid at least once a year but due to lack of things to do at night we always stop elsewhere (usually Dacre Park near Beverley). During the day though, the seafront is a great place to be.

This year we're braving Blackpool (not been for years) and we're having one night in a B&B there before spending a week at Cleveleymere. My experiences of Blackpool nightlife are a bit grim, so I'm keen to see if much has changed!

Listening to friends whom go away every year to a different UK seaside resort, has gave me a negative view of our once thriving coastal resorts.

Every year they go away to a different Uk resort and bring back real grim reports of how nothing to do at resort except drink and how run-down the area is and full of the social problems we experience in our beloved Sheffeild.

Is it my friends' that have a negative view, or are others' experiencing this when in any Uk resort?

A lot of people with Alcohol/drug problems are shipped out to coastal towns to live. For example Ayr where i live is a beautiful place. But, a lot of the B n Bs/hotels down the sea front are occupied by said people. I guess struggling B n Bs see it as income all year round.

Glasgow ships them out to places like Irvine,Troon,Ayr and other West coast towns.

To be honest..They cause very few problems where i live.