999 Call That Sparked Hunt In Leeds Was Hoax

... my brothers were born in Liverpool and remained there for only two weeks before my mum returned home to us - first time in Peterborough, and second time in Doncaster

What's the relevance?

What's the relevance?

I think, making the point that a 3-year-old girl living in Leeds is likely to have been born in Leeds, but not certain - so checking birth records might not be successful.

What's the relevance?
they may not be able to find this pair from birth records local to Leeds

This whole story sound abit fishy to me!

Little girl dosn't know:

- where she lives

- how to collect a letter

- how to open the door

- how to open the window

But she can dial for help on a mobile phone??? :huh:

MARK MY WORDS!!! THIS IS THE START OF AN ACT 2012 TO ALLOW POLICE TO TRACK ANY MOBILE PHONE.

PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION

oh give over

plenty of parents who have serious medical conditions teach their kids to dial 999

Headline now says that the call was a hoax............http://news.sky.com/story/967204/999-call-that-sparked-hunt-in-leeds-was-hoax

oh give over

plenty of parents who have serious medical conditions teach their kids to dial 999

What and the lessons stop there do they 'dial 999' what about giving important information? pointless!

This whole story sound abit fishy to me!

Little girl dosn't know:

- where she lives

- how to collect a letter

- how to open the door

- how to open the window

But she can dial for help on a mobile phone??? :huh:

MARK MY WORDS!!! THIS IS THE START OF AN ACT 2012 TO ALLOW POLICE TO TRACK ANY MOBILE PHONE.

PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION

Stop being silly. She's 3 not 13.

jb

Headline now says that the call was a hoax............http://news.sky.com/story/967204/999-call-that-sparked-hunt-in-leeds-was-hoax

Just seen this, thank god! bloody disgusting behavior!

What and the lessons stop there do they 'dial 999' what about giving important information? pointless!

3yr old child forgets name of her street in highly stressful situation. Colour me unsurprised.

What other useful things do you think she would know by now? How about how to pick locks?

jb

The operator should have asked the girl to call 999 from the house phone (if they had one) least that could be traced back to the house and would eliminate anyone in the yellow pages if not!

Police in West Yorkshire said they have spoken to two 10-year-old girls from Bridlington following a hoax 999 call.

A girl, who gave her name as Ellie, called the ambulance service claiming her mum had fallen at their home in Leeds.

She said she was three years old and that her mother is called Stacey Hall.

She also told the 999 operator that her house number was 23 and had "Court" in the street name.

But West Yorkshire Police later revealed the emergency appeal was a hoax.

from..........http://news.sky.com/story/967204/999-call-that-sparked-hunt-in-leeds-was-hoax