From Archive - Anyone remember Jerry Stevens -reply

Hi Steve, perhaps you should update it again. Someone spelt 'Morecambe' wrong.

I'd do it myself but don't know how.

Hi Jim -

Thanks for the correction. "Morecombe." I never spotted it. I'll try and update - problem with IMDb is that it takes about a week to get info through their moderators. It took two attempts to get the current data onto the site. As you've probably noticed they've duplicated the bio twice for some reason. I think they operate from the States which could explain the delay.

Kind regards -

Steve.

On 07/10/2007 at 22:35, clareyfairey said:

Hi there

I read about Jerry Stevens.

A boy in my primary school claimed to be a member of Jerry Stevens family.

Do you know if Jerry's family name is Pinder?

I know it sounds silly after all these years, but I am intrigued to know whether my classmate was telling the truth. I believed him at the time but then I also believed that a chick came out of one of the eggs in an eggbox at his home too, which now I think about it, is most unlikely 🙂

Clarey

Contact Nicole Russo theough her Facebook page, I'm sure she would love to talk to you. I'll be sure to have her look out for you Clare. If you message me here I can out you in direct contact.

On 08/10/2007 at 20:45, Intake1952 said:

Hi Andromeda,

It's nice to know the "old guy" is still alive and kicking.

I was an apprentice with Jerry at Davy United back in the 1950's.

We used to do a bit of cycling also!!

You mentioned Jerry's dad's funeral, he must have been getting on a bit, he also worked at "Davys".

Jerry served his time in the patern shop, but obviously had his sights set on other things.

Please pass on my regards Peter.

That is amazing to hear about. Think I saw that rusty old bike in their garage in Wembley.

On 14/10/2007 at 18:06, deano said:

I think it was me that started the original thread.....his mum used to babysit me and my sister :)....think it was plain talker who replied saying he had passed away....so glad to hear he is alive and well :thumbsup:

Wow, so nice to hear of friends of the family.

Hi,

My Grandfather was a PTI in the army with Jerry and he was reminiscing about their time in the army together over Christmas. He would love to get in touch to see how he his and catch up. I believe they just missed each other when Jerry came to Swansea. 

It would be great if we could get them in touch. 

thanks 

Jamie

I am sad to say that my cousin Jerry Stevens aka Gerard Pinder, died in the early hours of yesterday morning.  His family are heartbroken but he leaves behind many happy memories and we hope that he is now singing and dancing in heaven with his old showbiz pals.