From Archive - Anyone remember Jerry Stevens -reply

Hi Ridley S,

Jerry Stevens (Pinder) is an old friend of my father - Joseph Wheater. They knocked around together in their teens (St Vincents etc..) I would love to have a contact address / number for Jerry as my father would love to meet up with Jerry / contact him.

Can you help at all?

Matt Wheater

Matt, I cannot add much to my original message that Jerry, as far as I know, still lives in the Wembley/Harrow/Sudbury Town area. He had two children with Carole, Marcus and Nicola - I seem to recall that Marcus went into golf in some capacity and Nicola is a professional singer. Perhaps a search on electoral rolls in Harrow area would help you? Concidentally, my wife's family on her mother's side is connected to the "Wheater" name as she was a "Mills" and they came from Rochdale and Littleborough. Jane Wheater married Albert Mills in 1902 an we have traced our line of the Wheater family back to Bejamin born in 1747.

Reynard

thank you very much for the reply / update. It is most appreciated. I will look at the electoral route. Nice to hear your family is connected to the Wheaters - small world!

Thanks

my second name is wheater. michael wheater (on my gf's log-in)

wonder how many of us in on here

The way we are going we could have a WheaterForum.Co.Uk??

Hi All - My memories of Jerry Stevens is that of a 60's Pop Package Tour compere! Anyone else confirm this? He fronted several shows with stars like Beach Boys, Lulu, Sounds Inc.,/ The Byrds, Them, Unit4+2, / and my favourite lineup, which I saw in Newcastle at the City Hall in '68, of Vanilla Fudge, Traffic, Flowerpot Men, and the underrated Art, who became Spooky Tooth (also underrated at the time) from my hometown of Carlisle.I still have the programme and I'm told it's worth in excess of £100! Many up and coming comedians of the day like Jerry were package tour frontmen, probably plucked from obscurity in a holiday camp - like the evergreen Des O'Connor, and Bob Bain - I wonder what happened to him!! Hey Jerry if you're out there get in touch, you must have some great 60's memories.

Hi, just to let you all know that Jerry Stevens is my uncle and is living in London but no longer in Wembley. He is enjoying retirement and still looks very good for his age. Last saw him at Christmas and told us several stories of his eventful carreer. He has many achievements to be proud of, and its good to hear that people still remember him.

Does his sister still live on Fox Lane S12???

I watched the re-run of the Good Old Days today and Jerry and Lenny were on it.

I'd totally forgot Lennie was once a double act and though I quickly recognised Jerry I couldn't remember his name.

I did not know he was a Sheffield guy either.

Strangely theres nothing on Wikipedia about Jerry either which is how I found out that Lennie had passed in 2009.

I watched the re-run of the Good Old Days today and Jerry and Lenny were on it.

I'd totally forgot Lennie was once a double act and though I quickly recognised Jerry I couldn't remember his name.

I did not know he was a Sheffield guy either.

Strangely theres nothing on Wikipedia about Jerry either which is how I found out that Lennie had passed in 2009.

Belated reply; my cousin is Jerry Stevens/Pinder. I've updated his IMDb Profile and any general info that posters need to know should be covered on this site.

Edited by Steve Pinder
Incorrect site name ammended

Belated reply; my cousin is Jerry Stevens/Pinder. I've updated his IMDb Profile and any general info that posters need to know should be covered on this site.

Hi Steve, perhaps you should update it again. Someone spelt 'Morecambe' wrong.

I'd do it myself but don't know how. :)