Evil scum get 15 years each

There's also the very interesting point raised, a few times, previously, by myself and other anti-DP-ers...

If the DP is brought in, for things like rape, etc, aren't the rapists going to think "Well I may as well kill my victim, as leave them alive, if I'm heading for the DP for what I've done...? After all, if they are alive to identify me I stand more of a chance of being caught and hanged, don't I...?"

The same could also be said of whole life tarrifs, or 40 year sentences, or 30, or 25 or 10. Make the punishment a fiver fine that you can mail in and the offender will definitely not be that bothered about being caught. Wouldn't be a good idea though would it?

Id happily put the rope around the scum who murdered my best friend.

He got life, was out in 8 and now hes a free man.

If i ever see him ill run him over myself!!

The minimum sentence for murder in this country is 15 years unless the killer is under 18 when it's 12 years. The case must have been in the news so maybe you could provide a link confirming what you've claimed is true.

The minimum sentence for murder in this country is 15 years unless the killer is under 18 when it's 12 years. The case must have been in the news so maybe you could provide a link confirming what you've claimed is true.

Why are you quoting tarrifs to me. I know what he got.

Hes out of prison and living a normal life unlike the young girl he robbed of a future.

Troll!

Charged? He's been found guilty. Weren't they all caught on CCTV together? There's something called the doctrine of common purpose, common design or joint enterprise which means that even if he didn't put the knife in he's just as responsible for the crime as whoever did. If he was there he's guilty. And if he didn't tell on his friends he must have known something, presumably because he was there. All of them are complete trash.

Well said :thumbsup:

...and let's not forget even if he didn't engage in the stabbing he did nothing to prevent it happening. That should aggravate the sentencing exercise in itself.

Had he not murdered my friend then id have no reason to want to end his life.

His actions means he should have no right to life.

He took an innocent young girls future, potential and life away from her and her family snd friends. Murderers deserve only one punnishment. Death.

But if you murder him, even in vengeance, that means YOU too should have to be put to death...

But if you murder him, even in vengeance, that means YOU too should have to be put to death...

For the damage hes done to so many people id pay that price.

Why are you quoting tarrifs to me. I know what he got.

Hes out of prison and living a normal life unlike the young girl he robbed of a future.

Troll!

I'm quoting tariffs to you because the tariffs I've quoted are the legal minimum for murder and you're claiming that a murderer got less than that minimum. I suggest that the semtence you quoted is entirely made up unless you'd care to name names. The killer's name will already be in the public knowledge. Come on.

As I started this thread many months ago I'm not likely to be a troll on it.

Bring back the rope,no messing about,bring back hanging. The do gooders have had their way and it isn't working.That's a fact.

I believe the justice system is not good enough to make that decision with cases of injustice coming to light more often. I do believe that in tough times rules, discipline and punishment have to be tougher.

It is great to think that with hope, care and attention someone can turn there life around from a life of crime but the reality is some people just can't. If I had to make a choice between paying for an operation for a family man with children to support and keeping someone in jail for a month, i know where my money would go.

There's also the very interesting point raised, a few times, previously, by myself and other anti-DP-ers...

If the DP is brought in, for things like rape, etc, aren't the rapists going to think "Well I may as well kill my victim, as leave them alive, if I'm heading for the DP for what I've done...? After all, if they are alive to identify me I stand more of a chance of being caught and hanged, don't I...?"

http://www.meridianbooster.com/2013/01/11/india-rape-accused-hunted-victim-aimed-to-kill-police

The rapist in delhi are now accused they intended to find a girl to rape AND kill her, when they set off they allready planned to murder the victem.

India has a very repressed sexual culture and extremely degrading attitute towards women.

I blame the indian society more than I blame these man for what has happened here. These man have been raped and killed by the religions that were enforced on them and made them sick.

I'm quoting tariffs to you because the tariffs I've quoted are the legal minimum for murder and you're claiming that a murderer got less than that minimum. I suggest that the semtence you quoted is entirely made up unless you'd care to name names. The killer's name will already be in the public knowledge. Come on.

As I started this thread many months ago I'm not likely to be a troll on it.

Im claiming he served less time than he was sentenced.

You telling me that never happens?

Really?

Are you sure about that?

I went to School with Sheldon as well at Firth Park.. Always knew he would end up in Prison with the way he acted.

Im claiming he served less time than he was sentenced.

You telling me that never happens?

Really?

Are you sure about that?

You've moved the goalposts. You're now talking about spending less time than the original sentence rather than only serving 8 years. That wasn't your original point, which was that a killer only served 8 years. It's normal that prisoners serve less than the sentence depending on behaviour and likelihood of reoffending, but never less than the minimum. The minimum as I said earlier is 12 or 15 years depending on age. A killer will get life but even with time off will spend at least 12 or 15 years minimum. You said the killer only served 8 years. Either provide evidence and stop getting away from what you originally claimed or admit you're wrong.

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 18:41 ----------

These man have been raped and killed by the religions that were enforced on them and made them sick.

You seem to know a lot about them, even that they were raped and killed. I thought they had done the raping and killing and are still alive. Or maybe you're talking rubbish.