Evil scum get 15 years each

I don't usually throw the expression about lightly but it's apt for Yousef Alquebai, Sheldon Jordan and Reece Barnes, who've just been sentenced to 15years each for knifing Paul Marisson and Daniel Mace just off West Street last year.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teenage-sheffield-knife-gang-jailed-for-45-years-1-4788102

Couldnt agree more I just hope it is 15 years and they dont get out for so called good behaviour as is the case with our warped legal system.

"Wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm"

Surely stabbing someone 7 times is attempted murder. Whilst they were stabbing him were they thinking "Oh I'll grievously harm this person" or were they trying to inflict as much damage as possible. If they had shot these men instead of using a knife would it still have been wounding with intent?

Couldnt agree more I just hope it is 15 years and they dont get out for so called good behaviour as is the case with our warped legal system.

It's a normal 15 year sentence not IPP so they will do 7.5 years minus time on remand, then 7.5 years on Licence

Legal system isn't warped its the way it works.

Edited by Eckolad

It's a normal 15 year sentence not IPP so they will do 7.5 years minus time on remand, then 7.5 years on Licence

You're right, it's the way it works that's warped!

Are you sure about that? - The sentence is longer than 4 years. I think you'll find they won't be eligible for release on licence until they have served 2/3. - 10 years less time on remand.

"Wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm"

Surely stabbing someone 7 times is attempted murder. Whilst they were stabbing him were they thinking "Oh I'll grievously harm this person" or were they trying to inflict as much damage as possible. If they had shot these men instead of using a knife would it still have been wounding with intent?

If you stab somebody with a knife, you are bound to cause grievous bodily harm. You may (or may not) kill that person.

If you charge somebody with attempted murder, then - inter alia - you have to prove an intent to kill.

One charge is very much easier to prove than the other. Do you think they would have received a longer sentence for attempted murder?

Are you sure about that? - The sentence is longer than 4 years. I think you'll find they won't be eligible for release on licence until they have served 2/3. - 10 years less time on remand.

That's what I thought they would serve two thirds of the long term sentence.

If you stab somebody with a knife, you are bound to cause grievous bodily harm. You may (or may not) kill that person.

If you charge somebody with attempted murder, then - inter alia - you have to prove an intent to kill.

One charge is very much easier to prove than the other. Do you think they would have received a longer sentence for attempted murder?

No I am right.

This is because people sentenced under the criminal justice act 2003 serve half of any sentence rather then 2/3 as before.

If however you committed a crime in 1989 you would be sentenced under the relevent act as it was then so you would serve 2/3 if a long sentence.

But now its all automatic release at half way for determinate sentences. Indeterminate sentences are a different matter.

Edited by Eckolad

Its a shame is isnt 55 years each to keep this cowardly scum off the streets permanently.

Yet again this stupid gang culture that we have in Sheffield that brainwashes stupid people into thinking that being in a gang is cool and gives you security. A life for a life they should never be allowed out, I hope they learn their lesson in Prison give them bread and water and nothing else they are not in Prison to have treats and watch television or play pool they are there to pay for their crimes. It should be punishment for them as they murdered another human being, will they learn their lesson from being in Prison?? I hope they do and realise and show remorse to the victims family, for the despicable and disgusting crime they have committed and for what they have done. :);)

Edited by CatsEyes4Eva
Spelling Mistake, Punctuation, Grammar, To Add A Paragraph In