Kelham Island Museum.October 12th

1st ever public ghost hunt at Kelham Island Museum with Seeking Spirit Events, October 12th, 8 till 2am. Lots of paranormal/ghosts seen and heard by staff and visitors over the years. Perhaps its the hundreds of spirits that lived in the Kelham Street Workhouse(demolished in 1947 due to the insanitary/inadequate conditions) who are making their presence known, or perhaps its the lost souls killed in the great flood of 1864, whose bodies were laid out in the Workhouse before being collected by their relatives. Tickets available NOW from Kelham Museum, £25 , over 18,s only.

Lots of paranormal/ghosts seen and heard by staff and visitors over the years.

Any evidence of that?

Tickets available NOW from Kelham Museum, £25 , over 18,s only.

£25? So your target audience not only have to be gullible, but also have a lot more money than sense.

re 1st question, phone Kelham up and ask for yourself, we believe what honest people say, don,t you. Plus we,v got photgraphic evidence and its not 'orbs' or 'mist'.

re 2nd question, Kelham Museum have done all the maths, this amount covers staff pay, building costs etc, this is for 6 hours with refreshments all night .

Re Target Audience, the tickets are only available from Kelham Museum, SSE are not making a penny piece from this, just like the ghost hunt we holding at Sheffield Central Library on October 19th, all money raised will be kept by the Venue. Owt else ?

re 1st question, phone Kelham up and ask for yourself, we believe what honest people say, don,t you.

I believe that honest people can be mistaken. Don't you?

Plus we,v got photgraphic evidence and its not 'orbs' or 'mist'.

Could you provide a couple of examples or a link to a website where they can be found, please?

re 2nd question, Kelham Museum have done all the maths, this amount covers staff pay, building costs etc, this is for 6 hours with refreshments all night .

How many visitors is that based on?

How many staff?

What building costs? (You'll not be having the lights on all night, will you?:hihi: October night, so some heating I would imagine.)

Refreshments? (Couple of sarnies and a sausage roll, plus 2 or 3 cups of tea/coffee/orange? Or something more substantial to "keep their spirits up"?)

Owt else ?

Possibly, depending on the answers to the above questions.

21st September, 8pm till 1am

Wortley Top Forge is the oldest surviving heavy iron forge in the world with...

Tickets @ £20 each which includes free refreshments

I note that FREE refreshments are included in the £20 tickets for another of your jaunts.

I'm not sure that you grasp the concept of the word "free".

Edited by redwhine

..and I see from your website that...

Our vigils take place within a reported haunted location where our guests experience an investigation into another world, using professional equiptment and supervised by experienced paranormal investigators every step of the way. We do not add special effects or any 'set ups' at our events, everything witnessed occurs naturally

...nothing supernatural ever occurs at your events. Must be disappointing for your customers.

At the risk of repeating myself, the cost of tickets for kelham museum has been set by the museum,NOT SSE, why don,t you pick the phone up and ask them how the individual price was reached, or better still phone up Sheffield City Hall and ask why tickets for the panto have been set from £17, why are you so interested in something I have no control over.

Honest people, we believe what people tell us, we don,t put anybody down or try to make them feel inferior just because they have different ideas or look at things from a totally different aspect to ourselves.

What don,t you understand about Free, when people arrive at our events they are offered tea/coffee/soft drinks, crisps, chocolate bars etc etc etc no charge, as much or as little as they want. We keep ticket prices down, which if you investigate other paranormal teams who hold events at Wortley you will be able to see for yourself.

Dissappointing customers, obviously you,v never been on one of our events.

The majority of our events are held at museums/theatres etc which are run by volunteers who do not receive grants or cash injections by the main lottery/charity providers, we raise money to help keep them open,Kelham Museum and Sheffield Library are new venues to SSE in 2012, we did not set the ticket prices, and we have been promised by both venues the money will be put to good use.

What else would you like to know, my life story ??

redwhine

why don't you put your money where your mouth is nobody is asking anything of you and everybody is entitled to there own opinion so i think i speak for everyone and button it

redwhine

why don't you put your money where your mouth is nobody is asking anything of you and everybody is entitled to there own opinion so i think i speak for everyone and button it

Did you mean... "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Nobody is asking anything of you and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. So I think I speak for everyone when I suggest that you button it." ...?

If so, then my response would be...

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?"

Pardon? What money, and where is my mouth?

"Nobody is asking anything of you and everybody is entitled to their own opinion."

Not everyone, apparently; everybody but me (according to your final statement)...

"So I think I speak for everyone when I suggest that you button it."

There's only been 3 people posting in this thread so far. How dare you claim to speak for everyone? At least 33% of the contributors disagree with you.

I'll "button it" when I decide to, or if prevented from posting by the mods.

At the risk of repeating myself, the cost of tickets for kelham museum has been set by the museum,NOT SSE, why don,t you pick the phone up and ask them how the individual price was reached, or better still phone up Sheffield City Hall and ask why tickets for the panto have been set from £17, why are you so interested in something I have no control over.

Fair enough. If I was putting on an event, I'd want to know why the cost was so high. I'm surprised you're not even a little curious.

Honest people, we believe what people tell us,

So, if somebody told you that you could step off a cliff without any harm to yourself, you would step off a cliff. Really?

we don,t put anybody down or try to make them feel inferior just because they have different ideas or look at things from a totally different aspect to ourselves.

Me too.

What don,t you understand about Free, when people arrive at our events they are offered tea/coffee/soft drinks, crisps, chocolate bars etc etc etc no charge, as much or as little as they want.

What I do understand about 'free' is that if somebody has paid £25 for a ticket for an event where refreshments are included, those refreshments are not free.

We keep ticket prices down,

Make your mind up. You just stated, "the cost of tickets for kelham museum has been set by the museum,NOT SSE", and that you don't know how they arrived at that figure and are not in the slightest curious. So how can you claim that prices are being kept down? Either you have no idea or you are 'being economical with the truth'.

which if you investigate other paranormal teams who hold events at Wortley you will be able to see for yourself.

Good heavens! How many of you are there?

Dissappointing customers, obviously you,v never been on one of our events.

I quoted from your website which states that everything happens naturally. I know that I'd be disappointed if I paid £25 for a supernatural hunt only to find that there was a guarantee that everything that occured was natural.

What else would you like to know, my life story ??

No thanks. It might be as boring as mine would be to you!;)

Plus we,v got photgraphic evidence and its not 'orbs' or 'mist'.
Could you provide a couple of examples or a link to a website where they can be found, please?

Any progress on the photographic evidence front? I did look at both the videos on your website, but they didn't appear to show anything unusual. There were no still photos, unless you count the static frames within the videos.

You did say you had photographic evidence (^), is there any reason that you wouldn't want to share it? ...or do I have to offer you £25 to see it? (...including refreshments of course.) :rolleyes:;)

This is really strange , somebody has actually asked me if this is a set up, designed to keep this thread at the top of the events section. I must admit I,d not thought of it like that, more people now know about the Ghost Hunt at Kelham Museum than I ever dreamed would. Just to say thank you to Red Whine for his constant questions, and also how RW,s time/effort and inter net searching has also caused a major jump re resulting in increased traffic to SSE website. Trouble is, people reading this might doubt the sincerety of RW and his questions, is he on the SSE team or not.

One thing I do feel wasn,t required, RW more or less called me boring, name calling is a bit below the belt, and uncalled for, I,v never called RW names, unfair. Wonder if the mods read this post.

Next question please RW.......