Which TV series would you like to bring back?

Anyone know why Last of the Summer Wine finished suddenly?

Anyone know why Last of the Summer Wine finished suddenly?

Falling viewing figures,i think a lot of the loyal viewers have passed on now.:)

Terra nova continued series

My missus loved Terra Nova, looks like season 2 cancelled, just found out that Alcatraz also cancelled, so gutted about that

I'd have loved for there to have been more episodes of The Wire, (Thought it did quite well) but if we're going for a British option, I'd have to go with, and i realise this may be controversial, Dad's Army, I just think it's a format that you could do some good things with these days

Falling viewing figures,i think a lot of the loyal viewers have passed on now.:)

I thought it was because a lot of the cast were getting too old

The Water Margin

Blakes 7

(there, given away my age haven't I).

The Water Margin

Blakes 7

(there, given away my age haven't I).

Was never into Blake's 7, loved Water Margin tho, going down the Liang Shan po & adored Monkey as well :)

I'd have loved for there to have been more episodes of The Wire, (Thought it did quite well)

They brought it to an end just in time I thought. Season 5 was by far the least gripping series.

If you enjoyed the style and depth of The Wire, you might be interested in an Italian show from the 1980s called La Piovra.

It created an enormous political stir in Italy, Berlusconi in particular hated it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Piovra

Love thy neighbour.

Pure comedy gold!

Poor old Eddie (Jack Smethurst) gave out some stick to next door neighbour Bill (Rudolph Walker) but always came off worse as he gave back twice as much...Brilliant comedy that would give the modern PC brigade a heart attack, but one from the days when blacks and whites could laugh at themselves without getting all paranoid!

love thy neighbour, just brilliant. pity it cant be repeated on telly.

They brought it to an end just in time I thought. Season 5 was by far the least gripping series.

If you enjoyed the style and depth of The Wire, you might be interested in an Italian show from the 1980s called La Piovra.

It created an enormous political stir in Italy, Berlusconi in particular hated it.

Looks good, thank you, I'll be checking that out

I get your point, the fifth season was really rushed i wished they'd slowed it down and given the journalist characters more time to develop

Edited by esme
quote tags

Bread, she is a TART!!!!! classic from Carla Lane, Allo Allo just brilliant, there are so many I could go and on all day (but won`t) I sound old but they don`t make em like that anymore. :);)