Anyone work at SYD Laundry Bellhouse Road?

Does anyone remember the SYD Launderies on Bellhouse Rd. in the 50's/60's?

Edited by Gerry

I worked at SYD in 1961 when I was 15 I used to work in the dock area sorting the laundry packs out into different areas for the vans.

Then I worked in the dry cleaning department for a while

Used to have a good laughManager was a Mr Brown ral stuck in the mud person manageress was a Miss/Mrs Brown no relation to the manager.

I worked at SYD in 1961 when I was 15 I used to work in the dock area sorting the laundry packs out into different areas for the vans.

Then I worked in the dry cleaning department for a while

Used to have a good laughManager was a Mr Brown ral stuck in the mud person manageress was a Miss/Mrs Brown no relation to the manager.

do you remember the ex race horses pulling the 2 wheel carts

that was about 1944 when delivered milk i was 14 at the time

I used to work at Bellhouse Road SYD laundry, in the docking area. Sorting the laundry packages out into the different areas. Also worked in the dry cleaning area.

I used to work at Bellhouse Road SYD laundry, in the docking area. Sorting the laundry packages out into the different areas. Also worked in the dry cleaning area.

they used to have some lovely horses ex race horses I believe of course that was in 1944

when I started as a milklad

I worked there from 1959 to 1963.

Hiya Gerry. What did you do there. Was it a Mrs Brown who was manageress and Mr Brown (no relation) manager?

Hiya Gerry. What did you do there. Was it a Mrs Brown who was manageress and Mr Brown (no relation) manager?

Hi blackhill,

I remember Mr. Brown but I don't remember who was manageress. It could have been a Mrs Smith. I worked as maintenance painter, working on the different laundries and dry cleaning shops. I worked with Ernie Smith (joiner) and Tony Hunt (painter).

I have just found this site. I worked in the engineering department with Fred White & Brian Turton before joining REME in 1963. If anyone has current contact details for Brian I would welcome information.

Harry

i worked at syd laundry,bellhouse road,started as van boy then went into drycleaning overalls and then into boilerhouse knew fred engineer and brian turton

Anyone remember SYD Laundry on Bellhouse road  1961/2.  I worked in the docking area, loading the packs of laundry into different areas