New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Guest busdriver1

As predicted the offer has been extended as follows.

Great savings on bus travel only with First!

Your frequent and convenient First services are now even better value! Hop on board a First bus and pick up one of our great value tickets from your driver.

Now available on more routes!

Special tickets available to purchase from driver FirstDay £3.40 - save £1.20!*

FirstWeek £11 - save £7.50!*

Single fare Less than £2!

Plus Student single ticket for only 60p now available. (Valid SHU, UoS or University affiliated NUS card required).

These great value tickets are available on services:

11/12 Stannington (11) / Hall Park (12) - Sheffield

14 Loxley - Sheffield

20/20A Hemsworth - Sheffield - Hillsborough

22 Nether Edge - Sheffield - Woodhouse

25A Bradway - Sheffield - Woodhouse

42/44 Sheffield - Crystal Peaks

47/48 Herdings - Sheffield - Shiregreen

49 Sheffield - Halfway**

51 Lodge Moor - Sheffield - Carnock

52 Hillsborough - Sheffield - Woodhouse Station

53 Bradway - Low Edges - Sheffield - Parson Cross

56 Sheffield - Wyburn

75 Jordanthorpe - Sheffield - High Green

76 Low Edges - Sheffield - Ecclesfield

X78 Sheffield - Meadowhall**

81 Bents Green - Sheffield

82 Eccleshall - Sheffield

95 Walkley - Sheffield

97/98 Ecclesfield - Sheffield - Totley (97) / Totley Brook (98)

120 Fulwood - Sheffield - Halfway

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/tickets/save/

Interesting the secondary routes transfering to Stagecoach, TM Travel or SCT at the end of October aren't included.... the 4, 6 and 57 being the most obvious.

Guest busdriver1
Interesting the secondary routes transfering to Stagecoach, TM Travel or SCT at the end of October aren't included.... the 4, 6 and 57 being the most obvious.

why bother building up business on a route you are no longer going to run?

why bother building up business on a route you are no longer going to run?

makes perfect sense although I would have suggested keeping the offer simple.

Guest busdriver1
makes perfect sense although I would have suggested keeping the offer simple.

There is a list of services involved, thats pretty simple. Most folks have managed to follow it so far.

There is a list of services involved, thats pretty simple. Most folks have managed to follow it so far.

What make of bus do you drive?

I couldn"t believe this offer from First,as i got on the 48 yesterday an asked the driver for a 7 day saver,an at first he said £18.50,an the said would i like a Promotion one for £11.50,an said i could use it on the 47/48 75/76 which are the Buses i catch to get to town an then to work,but First only started offering these because Stagecoach offer cheaper ones,but why?can"t the bus companys offer ones were you switch to any bus you want in Sheffield as different areas have different types running in there Areas,Hope now First keep these on offer all the time

I couldn"t believe this offer from First,as i got on the 48 yesterday an asked the driver for a 7 day saver,an at first he said £18.50,an the said would i like a Promotion one for £11.50,an said i could use it on the 47/48 75/76 which are the Buses i catch to get to town an then to work,but First only started offering these because Stagecoach offer cheaper ones,but why?can"t the bus companys offer ones were you switch to any bus you want in Sheffield as different areas have different types running in there Areas,Hope now First keep these on offer all the time

look abit further up and you'll see theres a weekly city wide ticket being brought out for £17 which you can use on any bus and tram. this will force first to drop the first weekly prices down on all routes aswell

No - simple would be price of a Sheffield ticket is reduced.

The current offer the driver has to interrogate the passenger to establish which ticket they want as the promotional one is just valid on a random selection of routes.

Random? Most seem to follow a South-East - North corridor; 20, 97/98, 75/76 47/48; It might not help everyone if you need a bus that isn't included but for me and I suspect many, many people, it's very useful.

Guest busdriver1
look abit further up and you'll see theres a weekly city wide ticket being brought out for £17 which you can use on any bus and tram. this will force first to drop the first weekly prices down on all routes aswell

Is that not what they have just done?

Guest busdriver1
No - simple would be price of a Sheffield ticket is reduced.

The current offer the driver has to interrogate the passenger to establish which ticket they want as the promotional one is just valid on a random selection of routes.

No - The vast majority of routes.