New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Just looked at the new 30 timetable and noticed the service is now stopping at City Hall/Leopold Street, with a new service going to Dore.

While this will be a pain for those who do travel further than the city centre from the townships/Woodhouse/Handsworth areas, the overall timekeeping should improve. Even at quieter periods in the day, the bus didn't seem to be able to do the complete round trip within the timetable (evenings and weekends excluded).

Just looked at the new 30 timetable and noticed the service is now stopping at City Hall/Leopold Street, with a new service going to Dore.

While this will be a pain for those who do travel further than the city centre from the townships/Woodhouse/Handsworth areas, the overall timekeeping should improve. Even at quieter periods in the day, the bus didn't seem to be able to do the complete round trip within the timetable (evenings and weekends excluded).

I wish they would introduce this for far more routes...agree that the cross city routes are a nightmare for time keeping.

Guest busdriver1
Great news - only negative is on those routes where the operator changes later in the day, especially on routes where there are no alternatives. Feel it would be fairer to let pass holders also use the changed operator at no extra cost. Eg 70 bus where First changes to TMT in the evenings and all day Sunday. This effectively takes at least a day off the weekly pass and more if you have to return from work in the evening.

citywide has just dropped in price in case you missed it. That is the ticket for people in that situation.

Guest busdriver1
Its obvious that the 18.50 ticket will very soon be history and will be replaced by the new cheaper prices offered in this promotion.

Hate to say I told you so but - I told you so.

citywide has just dropped in price in case you missed it. That is the ticket for people in that situation.

That's true but it costs £17 instead of £11 and is a bit of an overkill when you only use the one route (70).

The weekly First pass is therefore valid for 6 days on that route only as TMT run it on Sundays and in the evenings.

That's true but it costs £17 instead of £11 and is a bit of an overkill when you only use the one route (70).

The weekly First pass is therefore valid for 6 days on that route only as TMT run it on Sundays and in the evenings.

Chuffing hell. I've got a choice of 2 buses at moment, 14 or 57, using one route like you. When Stagecoach takes over 57 looks like I've got a choice of one or the other for £11 or pay £17? New timetables show that they're both going to be running at exact same times so I won't be able to jump on the first one that turns up. :(

Guest busdriver1

the point you are missing is that the first ticket is not route specific, it is valid on all routes for 7 days. The fact that your route is lightly used and therefore is put out to tender at off peak times is not their fault. If you want to take advantage to the full of firsts new ticketing initiatives then get a house on a busier bus route. Remember the new Citywide weekly is still a saving over the previous first week ticket, so you are still saving money. :rolleyes:

Guest busdriver1
So the cost of a weekly ticket comes down by about a third for some passengers?

What will Sheffield Forum trolls find to complain about now?

it did not take long - see above posts

Happy they kept the cheaper savers on the 51 route, handy they are :)

They are changing weekly tickets again next week. I currently get the £11 weekly for a selected few first buses but does anyone know what they are changing too?

11 pound or 17 i wonder surely if it was 15 the city wide would get more people ?

Guest busdriver1
They are changing weekly tickets again next week. I currently get the £11 weekly for a selected few first buses but does anyone know what they are changing too?

The first day sheffield is now £11 and valid on ALL first routes in sheffield as well as stagecoach buses on 120 and 52.