New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Celebrate it whilst you can, under the new "voluntary" agreement the 30 will be taken over by TM. Then you will know what unreliable means.

No matter how bad TM's service is, it has to be be an improvement on the current one.

I've heard some people complaining to the driver, only to be told "If we get many more complaints about this route, we'll stop running it".

Says it all really.

so if i get one on 97/98 , can i only use it on them, or can you use it on 20/20a

I know there is a thread on this but First buses are an absolute joke. They turn up when they want, the drivers are ignorant and to top it all off £2.10 for a 1.5 mile bus ride is daylight robbery.

Guest busdriver1
I know there is a thread on this but First buses are an absolute joke. They turn up when they want, the drivers are ignorant and to top it all off £2.10 for a 1.5 mile bus ride is daylight robbery.

walk then, see if your vote registers

so if i get one on 97/98 , can i only use it on them, or can you use it on 20/20a

Yes, 97/98, 75/76 and 20/20a all on that ticket (and some others - I'm not 100% sure which ones off the top of my head).

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/cheaper-bus-fares-offer-leaves-sheffield-passenger-fuming-1-4820860

Sounds like she went straight to the Star instead of discussing it with the bus company first to ask for a refund. Did she just want her name in the paper?

Looking at the promotion leaflet and website I would interpret the Special offer ticket is NOT valid on the Norton Lees section.

First will have to change their day ticket prices soon anyway if the new Sheffield Citywide tickets come in.

Travel SY are proposing a day ticket for all bus companies that will cost £4.30 - cheaper than the old firstday tickets at £4.60.

I used to live on the 51 and prices were sky-high on that route too, because there was no competition.

First run expensive buses because they know that until stagecoach turn up, people have no choice if they don't drive. Eg: 52 (with competition) is £1.40 from woodhouse to Broomhill but the 22 (no competition) is over £2 from town to nether edge - about half the distance!.... and the 30 is even worse!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/cheaper-bus-fares-offer-leaves-sheffield-passenger-fuming-1-4820860

Sounds like she went straight to the Star instead of discussing it with the bus company first to ask for a refund. Did she just want her name in the paper?

Looking at the promotion leaflet and website I would interpret the Special offer ticket is NOT valid on the Norton Lees section.

The cheaper weekly ticket is valid for all of Sheffield, it's only the cheaper single fares that are specific to certain routes - the £11 weekly ticket is valid on any First route in the city boundary as far as I can see.

Too typical of the world these days that someone would go crying to the paper first, instead of going to the bus company - it looks like a fairly simple mistake that could have been easily rectified without all this fuss.

Guest busdriver1
First will have to change their day ticket prices soon anyway if the new Sheffield Citywide tickets come in.

Travel SY are proposing a day ticket for all bus companies that will cost £4.30 - cheaper than the old firstday tickets at £4.60.

I used to live on the 51 and prices were sky-high on that route too, because there was no competition.

First run expensive buses because they know that until stagecoach turn up, people have no choice if they don't drive. Eg: 52 (with competition) is £1.40 from woodhouse to Broomhill but the 22 (no competition) is over £2 from town to nether edge - about half the distance!.... and the 30 is even worse!

Under the new improved Sheffield bus network (brought to you by the interfering bodies at the PTE) there will be reduced competition so the chances of lower fares are reduced.

The cheaper weekly ticket is valid for all of Sheffield, it's only the cheaper single fares that are specific to certain routes - the £11 weekly ticket is valid on any First route in the city boundary as far as I can see .

No, it's actually printed on the promotional weekly ticket that it is only valid on the listed routes.

The Citywide tickets sound interesting though, and cheaper than a PTE Sheffield Travelnaster!