New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

I'm also waiting for a massive price hike in bus fare after this promotion ends,first think we'll all forget how much we did pay!!!

It'll be the first week after the New Year holidays ... as always. Of course the 22 route gets nothing.

It makes me wonder what will happen after the promotion of the £11.00 saver tickets, I hope it doesn't go up to £20. And also can a cheaper ticket be used on the 120 bus which I catch to work, I don't want to end up paying twice

These promotional tickets are only on the routes listed (20/20A/25A/47/48/53/75/76/97/98 ). The 120 has its own seperate 'Optio' promotion. You still need to buy the normal price First tickets if you want the freedom of the full network. Or of course you could simply use Stagecoach who charge £11 for their Sheffield bus Megarider.... (or £13 inc tram).

Doubt they will go up to £20 after this promotion - from October when all the bus routes change the weekly Citywide ticket is to be introduced at £17 valid on any bus or tram, regardless of operator.

This current summer promotion is clearly aimed at price matching Stagecoach buses on routes where there is competition.

Edited by Andy C

The best promotion for busses would be to get them running on time.

I'm on the 30 route, which is the worst in the city for punctuality.

In my experience thats down to traffic jams and badly parked cars.

It'll be the first week after the New Year holidays ... as always. Of course the 22 route gets nothing.

there are no rival operators on the 22....

Have you ever tried the 36 route which even when it arrives at best only runs half hourly?

Tell me about it. This service is a joke. A while ago it was run as the 46 and then we were promised big changes and a better service and all that happened was that they changed the number from 46 to 36 :loopy:

Hopefully in october the 76 will run from town to firth park as it does now but then will go round the flower estate and on to meadowhall, and they will run every 10 minutes

Tell me about it. This service is a joke. A while ago it was run as the 46 and then we were promised big changes and a better service and all that happened was that they changed the number from 46 to 36 :loopy:

Hopefully in october the 76 will run from town to firth park as it does now but then will go round the flower estate and on to meadowhall, and they will run every 10 minutes

Hope they do make these changes to the 76 bus, the 36 is so unreliable for the kids getting to Hinde House school.

Oh surprise , surprise !!

The No. 17 is nowhere to be seen on that list ....even though it's the only bus that serves those of us who also live in the NORTH of Sheffield but don't need to travel towards the city centre to get to work.

there are no rival operators on the 22....

Yep. I live in Nether Edge and work at NGH so although I mainly use the Abbeydale Rd busses as per the offer, the inclusion of the 22 would have been very useful. Ok, just 5 minutes along Sheldon Rd but nothing beats door-to-door particularly when I'm getting home late.

But of course, no competitors, no need to use competitive prices. Even as a fit and able young man, the distance from NE to town is just far enough to make walking a bit inconvenient at most times but £2.10 for that distance is like a slap in the face.

Guest busdriver1
Oh surprise , surprise !!

The No. 17 is nowhere to be seen on that list ....even though it's the only bus that serves those of us who also live in the NORTH of Sheffield but don't need to travel towards the city centre to get to work.

I think you will find it may be included later, this is just a start off I have been informed.

its about time first put there bus fares inline with inflation and not over inflation

Which inflation figures? The official ones or the real world ones?

Official statistics hide true increase in cost of living (The Guardian, Tuesday 15 February 2011)

And oil price inflation goes its own merry way

The Trajectory is for Oil Prices to Rise

Oil price hike looms

Strait of Hormuz and Oil Price Rise

Have you ever tried the 36 route which even when it arrives at best only runs half hourly?

In the afternoon the 30 is supposed to run every 30 minutes.

In practice, you can turn up whenever you want and expect to wait around half an hour.