New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Guest busdriver1

A new bus fares promotion is being offered on the routes below with special daily, weekly, and single journey fares on offer.

20/20A Hemsworth - Sheffield - Hillsborough

25A between Sheffield & Bradway

47/48 Herdings - Sheffield - Shiregreen

53 Bradway - Low Edges - Sheffield - Parson Cross

75 Jordanthorpe - Sheffield - High Green

76 Low Edges - Sheffield - Ecclesfield

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/tickets/save/

Excellant now I can travel for 60p on first buses as well. I been using the 87 which has been hit and miss at times. In case you wondering im a poor part-time student :D

Edited by moooo
more info

Nice bonus it's about time the 47/48 customers got something back the prices are terrible to travel on that route...

its about time first put there bus fares inline with inflation and not over inflation, ive been using stagecoach just about 99% now since the inclusion of the 87. had a big shock last week first mainline day pass is now £4.90 WTF?! stagecoach day bus and tram pass £3.90 or a weeks bus and tram £13. im not blaming the bus drivers im blaming first as a company(not as if there not a masive company that can afford to lower there prices, they own the yellow buses in the usa and australia there a bigger company than stagecoach)

desperate i think 48/47 were getting hammered by 79 3.40 day saver is good as you can catch x78 to meadowhall as well

It makes me wonder what will happen after the promotion of the £11.00 saver tickets, I hope it doesn't go up to £20. And also can a cheaper ticket be used on the 120 bus which I catch to work, I don't want to end up paying twice

Guest busdriver1
It makes me wonder what will happen after the promotion of the £11.00 saver tickets, I hope it doesn't go up to £20. And also can a cheaper ticket be used on the 120 bus which I catch to work, I don't want to end up paying twice

it is all on the website linked in the first post

I'm also waiting for a massive price hike in bus fare after this promotion ends,first think we'll all forget how much we did pay!!!

The best promotion for busses would be to get them running on time.

I'm on the 30 route, which is the worst in the city for punctuality.

Guest busdriver1
I'm also waiting for a massive price hike in bus fare after this promotion ends,first think we'll all forget how much we did pay!!!

You will have a long wait. It will more than likely be followed by further offers.

The days of price hikes are in the past.

Guest busdriver1

Celebrate it whilst you can, under the new "voluntary" agreement the 30 will be taken over by TM. Then you will know what unreliable means.

Have you ever tried the 36 route which even when it arrives at best only runs half hourly?