Bar and Grill closed down

i know cary and he trained as a commis chef under me years ago on work placement from college early 80,s at the grosvenor house hotel (when it was a good hotel", he is very talented but seems to run before walking, Slammers could have been a much bigger success, tax is not the main reason it shut but one of many.

hope he comes back someday with a small venue some day along the "slammers" line, i for one would get involved investmentwise.....but hold the purse strings:hihi::hihi:

I agree Cary is a talented chef. Slammers was good. I enjoyed the mini bar and really liked the concept just the location was wrong. I also had an excellent meal at The London Club with a Steak Diane cooked and served just the way I used to enjoy it in Joseohines all those years ago. Once Gain although people maybe nostalgic about Tuckwoods these days it is not the ideal venue for a modern eating house. People want to see and be seen rather than eating in a dark basement. Other than Australasia in Manchester which is subterranean successful restaurant chains and I mean the better ones like San Carlos, Piccolinos and Restaurant Bar & Grill seem to work on this ethos . Even All Bar One which I like although I would hesitate at agreeing with its self labelling as a Gastro Pub is successful due to it being High Vis. The food is OK and the place is usually busy. It seems to have become the venue of choice for the 35plus. Perhaps with the right venue and investor and Cary in the kitchen there icould be a successful Restaurant waiting out there.

I loved the Bar and Grill it was amazing food good atmosphere. Its only been there a few years :(

The real shame is that it also 2 independents that have fallen by the wayside

Definitely the biggest shame for me. I imagine the rent alone on them properties would have been shocking though.

London Club had started to go downhill at least a year ago but the Bar and Grill maintained a decent standard until the end (for steak anyway).

Are there any recommendations for good steak in the city centre?

I never went for the simple reason that being in a restaurant with a massive wall of window overlooking a run down part of West St is not enticing. Hopefully if anyone takes it over they will cover the window and put some suitable decor in. A Gaucho Argentine steakhouse would be ideal.

It is a sad fact that Not just Sheffield but The test of south Yorkshire rate restaurants on cost alone. If you also get a piled up plate for next to nothing that's even better, quality is not really an issue to most. I would always pay for quality.

The bar and grill opened and was run by a total incompetent. The original manager was clueless as to costs and profits, and the chef wouldn't know how to make a profit if it came and kicked him up the arse. By the time all this came to light the place was on its knees. Like I said its a pity but it's happened entirely down to incompetence.

Do you work at London Club?? hmm anyway, i were sous chef for the last 7 weeks of bar n grills life. Me n my Head Chef Kicked ass, Organised to a Tee, very rarely food came back. Doubled sales on a weekend...... just too damn late.. life goes on, onto the next.

Me n my Head Chef Kicked ass, Organised to a Tee, very rarely food came back. Doubled sales on a weekend...... just too damn late.. life goes on, onto the next.

The Sous chef doubled sales on a weekend? Typical chef thinking that they run the places they work!

Do you work at London Club?? hmm anyway, i were sous chef for the last 7 weeks of bar n grills life. Me n my Head Chef Kicked ass, Organised to a Tee, very rarely food came back. Doubled sales on a weekend...... just too damn late.. life goes on, onto the next.

Are you looking for a job?

The Sous chef doubled sales on a weekend? Typical chef thinking that they run the places they work!

Obviously not just myself, proof was in the pud pal.

Are you looking for a job?

not at the moment, where's it for if you don't mind me asking?

Obviously not just myself, proof was in the pud pal.

The only proof we currently have is that it has closed down.

Sure, a good kitchen team can improve the output. But if you managed it just before it closed it would presumably mean that many people were being turned away prior....

i have been in bar and grill and loved it!! I loved the food i had, nice atmosphere. It is a same that is closed! If knew it would make sure definetely visit again as soon as.

So. Just to confirm. Bar and grill has shut down? Lol