Jessops 12 week scan, finding out sex of baby

When I had a scan at thornbury they said if the hospital said the sex was different they would re scan for free....so worth ringing them up.

When I had a scan at thornbury they said if the hospital said the sex was different they would re scan for free....so worth ringing them up.

He said she was defo wrong and I am having a boy he said he saw his winkle and pointed out to me on the screen. Its just when the women at Jessops did not sound sure at all and did not even give me a percentage.

Just emailed reassur3d now about what to do.

Edited by bladesgirl

It looks like you have to have the PRIVATE SCAN 1ST and I didnt I had the NHS one 1st. So it looks like BOY !!!

It looks like you have to have the PRIVATE SCAN 1ST and I didnt I had the NHS one 1st. So it looks like BOY !!!

Thats pants :( I'd defo go with the private scan though...as its all they focus on and the nhs are looking to make sure everything is ok with baby and not at the gender :)

Thats pants :( I'd defo go with the private scan though...as its all they focus on and the nhs are looking to make sure everything is ok with baby and not at the gender :)

Yep with the NHS scan she couldnt get a good view of baby anyway she even said as much. With Mr Farrell all he focused on were the bits for a good 10 mins and his conclusion was still boy even though i told him what they said at Jessops. Basically the email that reassur3d sent me was that he wouldnt have said if he wasnt sure, but he sounded pretty sure to me. Just cant wait to meet him now :D

We've had one with Mr Farrel who said it was a little girl... we then went back to the NHS (as we had to have spinal measurements taken as she was laying funny) - we pretended we didnt know and asked and they said girl too and pointed out the tell tale signs :-)

I hope they're both right, we've been buying pink things for her!

I couldn't find out till 20 weeks either, don't think they'll hazard a guess at 12 wks. enjoy the anticipation!!

We have just had our first scan, didn't seem quite real until we saw him/her bobbling around.

How sweet congrats :) I have a boy due early Jan when are you due?? :)

Finally had my 20 week scan last week... and its a boy! :)