Jessops 12 week scan, finding out sex of baby

Hi everyone,

I have got my 12 week scan tomorrow (I'll be 12 weeks 6 days) and was just wondering if any of you have managed to get the dr's/sonographer's opinion as to the sex of baby at this point?

Thanks

it was 20 weeks when my LO's were born. far too early to tell at 12w.

It is too early at 12wks but you should be able to find out at 20wks unless you book a private scan at 16wks

It was the 20wk scan when i found out, but if the baby is in a good position they may be able to tell. Mine was always camera shy!

They won't tell you if anything less than 16 weeks, as they can't be anywhere near sure. I turned out to be 17 weeks at my 12 week scan, so they looked but still couldn't tell!

You can book a private gender scan from 14 weeks however it can still be difficult to tell. I am fairly certain the sonographer will not even attempt to sex the baby at 12 weeks look up guessing the nub!

I saw a poster at the hospital yesterday that said they get the gender wrong in about 1 in 20 cases :o

Anyway, had 20 week scan with baby number 4 yesterday - And, for the fourth time, they can't tell :hihi: Another girl it is then

You can book a private gender scan from 14 weeks however it can still be difficult to tell. I am fairly certain the sonographer will not even attempt to sex the baby at 12 weeks look up guessing the nub!

14 weeks is too early. Every where ive seen has said gender scan from 16 weeks. I had a gender scan at 16 weeks with both my children and they could clearly see the sex/

You can have gender scan from 16weeks at Thornbury Hospital, (Fulwood Road) and they cost £50. I have had these scans and they have always been right :)

It can be seen at 16 weeks but not 12. When I had my first daughter I think the scans were done at 12 and 16 weeks then, and they offered to try and tell the sex, but she was badly positioned.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You can have gender scan from 16weeks at Thornbury Hospital, (Fulwood Road) and they cost £50. I have had these scans and they have always been right :)

Yep I had that scan at 18 weeks.verry accurate.

I have had a private gender scan done at Thornbury today, he said 90-95% sure it was a boy......... But last week was my 20week scan at the Jessops and she said she was swaying towards girl. Which one would you go for :help: