Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

I heard urban splash had run out of money. Looks like they had to alter the original plans to accommodate lack of funding.

Well it was always questioned if the lipstick on a pig project was going to be successful.

Urban Splash had to do some refinance a couple of years ago, the flats they are currently selling seem to be moving quite quickly. The managing director, architect etc have all said they intend to be back, it's the council frustrated at progress who are changing the direction of the project.

IV always thought the whole project to revamp the flats was too much for one company to do. I know the estate complex is listed but the cost to repair and update them is way too much for one company to do and the longer the flats that are derelict are left the more it will cost to sort out.

I recently went past Park Hill flats and stopped to look at the former Link pub and notice a guy was busy cutting down the overgrowth in front of the pub then he stopped for a break . I asked him what has happened to the Link pub sign as only the outer wooden frame was left he told me that the sign had been thrown away. He also told me that the block that houses the Link has been brought by a company and work is due to start in September 2016 , I always thought that Urban splash were going to do the entire complex perhaps they realised that one company can not do it or fund it. Is Park Hill been spilt up and sold off in parts so will end up been owned by different companies? Also noticed on the railway station side one of the upper floor flats has been burnt out must be only recently?

If you're so concerned, contact HMLR and buy (for £3) a copy of the registered freehold title entries.

My esteemed brother in law has just purchased a renovated one, he seems delighted with it.

Angel1.

Is their a flat in the Park Hill flats complex that has been restored to what it looked like when it was first lived in and furnished with 1960s items . How do you get access to this flat when Iv been up to Park Hill everything is sealed off now ?

On a website called ' Urban Timewrap ' theirs a few photos showing a flat been used as a set for ' This Is England 90' at Park Hill . I think that were Iv got this idea from about a restored flat from in fact its a film set ! Iv been to Weston Park Museum a while back will go again for the Reimaged exhibition.

I lived on Park Hill in the 80s for 4 years and loved my time there.

There are no flats been done up to how it used to be. I was the last family to move of last September. Council go in and completely strip them of everything. Boilers, piping, radiators, kitchen everything. Lived there 25 years and loved it. Would go back if I could. Didn't want to leave. Hence being the last family to leave.