Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

If it was clad in black glass with a secure gated car-park and a gym underneath it would be the bee's knees and look architecturally appealing!

Who did, who are "they" ?

Bogey men!

When are the flats meant to be ready to go up for sales? Anyone seen any dates or prices?

September has been quoted.

Bogey men!

So just a another meaningless rant, i though so.

Moving in these kind of people next to those who buy a house and actually care about it will lead to nothing but problems.

No, it's dumping all the problem families in 1 area to keep them away from the moneyed classes that leads to problems.

It's been an empty shell for years, now they're actually back to work on it & you're all complaining?

Unbelievable.

It looks like it'll be much better than it was, if they ever complete it.

I kinda admire Urban Splash for taking it on, but I can't see it being a success I'm afraid.

Bottom line for me is that Parkhill should never have been listed, and it would be much better if it were to be demolished and turned into some good low rise housing.

Does anyone know when the show flat on Park hill are going to open. just want to see what they have done and what the view is like from them. :huh:

Think it is open or nearly open! Its on the top floor apparently

It opens in September this year. Went to a talk there today by urban splash the developers.

does anyone know what business are lined up to open up in the parkhill retail units?

From what I've read on the planning application, A1, A3 and A4 so general retailing, restaurants and bars.

Er yeah ... there's gonna be a 'Drop in Centre' for people pushed off the balcony's, 'Mrs Muggings Tea Shop' (including a head injuries clinic), 'Black'N'Blue' (selling baseball bats and other essential mugging ephemera), 'Phones'frum'You' (with all the latest stolen mobiles), 'Fiesta Finesse' (catering for the discerning Chav and his stolen 'wheels'), 'Aerosol Express' (all da canz you need) and last, but not least ... the 'Jeremy Kyle Museum of Modern Hooliganism' ... featuring sculptures of burnt out cars, stolen shopping trolleys and 'used' needles.

Sounds too good to be true eh? :)