Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

I worked at Parkhill in the 60,s it had been open about eighteen months, and regularly saw groups of people going round with a guide, it was a thriving place to live/work, I enjoyed my time there.

I spoke to one of the sales people a couple of weeks ago and they claimed that the café is happening, but at the moment they're trying to work out extractor fans etc and that's slowing it up. Don't know how true that is.

Seems the pub has been derailed because Urban Splash didn't tell those who bought directly above the premises that they wanted to put a pub in, so it has no chance of getting the license.

You couldn't make it up, idiots.

Seems the pub has been derailed because Urban Splash didn't tell those who bought directly above the premises that they wanted to put a pub in, so it has no chance of getting the license.

You couldn't make it up, idiots.

One way round this but not really practical is to refit either the derelict Link or Parkway Tavern and reopen them. No idea when the blocks that house them will get done up.

Sales guy was saying to me he thinks 3 years before the next chunk will be complete.

Sales guy was saying to me he thinks 3 years before the next chunk will be complete.

If that's the case they can't be far from starting construction again.

One way round this but not really practical is to refit either the derelict Link or Parkway Tavern and reopen them. No idea when the blocks that house them will get done up.

The Link pub is in the block that is designated for development as a project by S1 Artspace, this is reasonable shout actually since it's not going to be residential. If they get the funding it will probably developed at the same time as this next residential block.

Anyone know who the electrical contractors are on the next phase of urban splash apartments?  ️ 

That new musical at crucible about park hill flats and the people who lived there over the years to today is absolutely fantastic.

It has a great sense of humour, love for Sheffield and got a full standing ovation when we were there.

Edited by dutch

That musical" standing at the sky's edge" is close to sold out now,  and that does not surprise me. If they had the time they could easily paste another month to keep that going.