Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

I've just drawn Park Hill ... what do you think? :)

Absolutely bang on and a hilarious depiction of things to come.

PMSL:hihi:

I can't understand why anyone, unless you had absolutely no idea about the area, and very perculiar artistic tastes, would pay £120,000 to live there. You can easily pick up a decent house/apartment in other areas of Sheffield which are conveniently linked to the centre and aren't surrounded by crime.

There was an interesting little piece in the Guardian last weekend about Park Hill and some of the new residents:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/30/park-hill-estate?CMP=twt_fd

Only in the comments on the Guardian website could you find someone describing High Green as a 'crime-free leafy suburb', surely.

Only in the comments on the Guardian website could you find someone describing High Green as a 'crime-free leafy suburb', surely.

I suppose everything's relative...

Doesn't sound as though it's going terribly well for Urban Splash at the moment, according to this bit in today's Star. Is the writing on the wall? Will the council end up bailing them out (again) with yet more taxpayers' money?

Doesn't sound as though it's going terribly well for Urban Splash at the moment, according to this bit in today's Star. Is the writing on the wall? Will the council end up bailing them out (again) with yet more taxpayers' money?

This is turning into a major embarrassment and ongoing huge headache for SCC. Maybe English Heritage could contribute as they think its such an important building!

I applaud them for their efforts but I have to agree with the word words of poster number 3 on this thread.

This is turning into a major embarrassment and ongoing huge headache for SCC. Maybe English Heritage could contribute as they think its such an important building!

Come on fellers you can't put the whole thing at EH's door. What about the trendy architects and writers on architecture to say nothing of local politicians?

Must have been some approval within the Council's planning department.

The area surrounding Parkhill except for the station is largely moribound and just a traffic transit route. Where are the occupants going to have a pint? Trades and Labour Club? Sheffield Tap? It will need A Tesco or two and other community links and its a mammoth task. If -If it comes off it could regenerate the whole area but I wish the politicians who lobbied for it could have done the same for Jessops and other bits of Sheffield Heritage.

Doesn't sound as though it's going terribly well for Urban Splash at the moment, according to this bit in today's Star.

Shall I put on my surprised face?

£242.4m of debt. How much does dynamite cost these days?

Come on fellers you can't put the whole thing at EH's door. What about the trendy architects and writers on architecture to say nothing of local politicians?

Must have been some approval within the Council's planning department.

The area surrounding Parkhill except for the station is largely moribound and just a traffic transit route. Where are the occupants going to have a pint? Trades and Labour Club? Sheffield Tap? It will need A Tesco or two and other community links and its a mammoth task. If -If it comes off it could regenerate the whole area but I wish the politicians who lobbied for it could have done the same for Jessops and other bits of Sheffield Heritage.

The Norfolk at the bottom of Dixon Lane .

The new Park Hill residents can use the streets and pathways in the sky to get there[5 mins walk]. That is [or is it was] Town Planning at its very best.

The whole thing is a travesty, like most on the lefts ideas about how people should live. Nobody with any sense would want to live in these flats, you can bet the architects and designers responsible wouldn't even consider it.