Residents of Arbourthorne rd

The only Parkins I knew lived at the bottom of Arbourthorne road, the bottom house in a block of four, the last block before the bend into Fellbrig, next door above them were the Moores, & below them across the bend were the Revitts, daughter Ann, (I think she married an American & disappeared over there) and son Byron, he was a year or so younger than me. It's all a long time ago now, but some of the memories are still bright.

hi roughy101 the kennys are some relation to me and my surname is Gillott

alan i went to school with a gillot was it brenda????

I went out with a girl, Terry (Theresa) Jubb, she and her family lived on Cawdor Road. Her Dad was a wagon driver for Burdalls, his name was Joe. Her Mother was (I think) Joanne, but most people called her Bunty. Terry had a younger sister, I think her name was Lesley.

VicD are you victor dalton who had a sister called june.

No mate, I'm a Roth boy

In 1968-9 I was at Hurlfield Comprehensive school, and a lad in my year was frum Arbourthorne Road, nr 579. The lad was called Charlie Klein. Charlie was in class D, which was the one where the boys wore pointed hats. lol. A couple of his classpals were Ronny Crouch and Leonard Southern, and their form teacher was Jack Nunn. I was in class B because I was almost intelligent.Lol. My form teacher was Mr Keith Turton. A great man.

Anyway , Charlie was slim, average height and had blond hair. He was friendly , amusing, but not the brightest button. I liked him and hope he has done well in life. He also had a twin sister called Dolores.

My dad grew up on Arbourthorne road in the 50's 60's my dads name is Ernest Cocker there house number was 367.

Hello my name is beryl platts iuse to live next door at 369 i knew your dads brothers tony and melvin i left in 1970o

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 14:13 ----------

steve85 the cockers lived just across the road from us think there were also two brothers tony and melvi

I us to live next to the cockers my name is beryl platts is your surname gillott

Hi.

I'm looking for any information about my farther who, throughout his childhood lived on or near arbourthorne road, his name was Roy Nash. I remember him talking about Anni Parkin who lived at 449. Does anyone remember him, his name or his family. I believe he had a brother? Not sure. Any info would behelpful.

Hi.

I'm looking for any information about my farther who, throughout his childhood lived on or near arbourthorne road, his name was Roy Nash. I remember him talking about Anni Parkin who lived at 449. Does anyone remember him, his name or his family. I believe he had a brother? Not sure. Any info would behelpful.

Hi Rich-72

I have private messaged you

Hi Rich-72

I have private messaged you

Hi, I've got your message but can't reply as I haven't got 5 posts in the forum sorry :-(

Thank you for your reply. I do seem to remember the names you mentioned, and yes Mary Nash was my grandmother (dads mum)

Hello my name is beryl platts iuse to live next door at 369 i knew your dads brothers tony and melvin i left in 1970o

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 14:13 ----------

I us to live next to the cockers my name is beryl platts is your surname gillott

My Dad remembers you beryl Platts, did you have a green house in the garden and all the glass blow out?

Hi.

The Roy Nash I knew lived on East Bank Road opposite the garage and I believe was killed when his lorry was involved in a crash.