Residents of Arbourthorne rd

My sister susan and Ernest were childhood sweethearts,I also knew flo as she was my moms friend,I started singing with a group when I was 14 and flo took me to have some music trancribed ,I also went to school with flos daughter Noreen.

Hi roughy we've talked before through Friends Reunited about Susan. I didn't realise she had 'gone out' with Ernie when they were younger. At some point after that he married my cousin June Ardron (no relation to Carole Ardron off East Bank Rd), They ended up divorced so I kind of lost track.

Still have warm feelings about Susan even after all these years. Please feel free to pm me if you feel like it - I'd love to see an old photo of her!! Best Wishes

just another name that came in my head was peter kenny he had two brothers

just another name that came in my head was peter kenny he had two brothers
yes one was lawrence i went to school with him,they lived on arbourthorn rd near east bank,whats your surname alan52.

Hi roughy we've talked before through Friends Reunited about Susan. I didn't realise she had 'gone out' with Ernie when they were younger. At some point after that he married my cousin June Ardron (no relation to Carole Ardron off East Bank Rd), They ended up divorced so I kind of lost track.

Still have warm feelings about Susan even after all these years. Please feel free to pm me if you feel like it - I'd love to see an old photo of her!! Best Wishes

hi roy yes i remember now, send me your email are you on face/book by any chance ?

jenny

My dad grew up on Arbourthorne road in the 50's 60's my dads name is Ernest Cocker there house number was 367.

I left Arbourthorne Rd in about 1950

My sister and I wore school uniform of Notre Dame and my Dad was Blind

Tommy Greensmith 2 doors away from us used to fish in the pond and had maggots in his pockets. As a small child I used to sit with him on his back doorstep and contemplate the wonders of the world with Flow singing next door.

hazel

does anyone remember the pikelet man about 4ft nothing with his trousers hakfway up his legs,not sure why they called him that though,did he used to sell pikelets ???.

Diskin! now there's a name that brings back memories. I was born in 1941 at No.68 Fellbrig Rd. & lived there untill about 1960ish. Across the road from us was a pair of semis where two related families lived, one family was called Collins And the other Diskin. I wonder if the originator of this post is a decendant of that family!!!

Diskin! now there's a name that brings back memories. I was born in 1941 at No.68 Fellbrig Rd. & lived there untill about 1960ish. Across the road from us was a pair of semis where two related families lived, one family was called Collins And the other Diskin. I wonder if the originator of this post is a decendant of that family!!!

my mom lived at number 40 before she married her brother still lives there.gordon wild.

steve85 the cockers lived just across the road from us think there were also two brothers tony and melvi

hi roughy101 the kennys are some relation to me and my surname is Gillott

owdsmiffy you are right tom and i were mates we went to school togeather also you must have lived near the paper man a mr parkin i did a paper round for him 64 to 66