Sky Broadband Speeds

I'm with Sky and get 14mb download all the time on their unlimited package for £7.50 month! Will be switching to their fibreoptic service when it comes to my area.

So who's better,Origin or littlebigun??...FIGHT!.

Now now, littlebigone.com is a lover, not a fighter!

Our engineers are just as local so we don't feel this makes much difference.

We can provide you with phone and TV as well as broadband, have more than 10 years' experience and an amazing bunch of guys n gals who will support you 24/7/365.

You can currently save £55 if you order online at http://www.littlebigone.com or give us a call on 0800 652 8288 and see what you think?

I'm with SKY and I'm always getting over 14 mb... Doesn't matter if it's morning, noon or night.

Take a look at the other Digital Region supplier as well - http://www.littlebigone.com

We can offer you TV and phone as well as amazing broadband speeds.

0800 652 8288.

I did take a look and you look very expensive compare to Origin... £25 + £14.50 line rental?

With Origin, it's £17.50 + £14.50 line rental... What should I look for?

Hi there, you're comparing 2 different services here, the £17.50 tariff is for a lower-speed service. And our line rental is £13 per month. Also, we can save you £25 on installation together with a 3-month discount for ordering online right now - so plenty of opportunities to save, AND don't forget we can offer you TV.

i am with sky 2.4 download speed but says on website up to 20meg thats the loop hole upto

get all excuses its down to my phone line been same for last 10yrs on aol i used to get 1.5

but i only pay £5 a month with sky plus £13 line rental so £18 a month but like every body else in my area i will wait to get fibre optic and see when prices come down

shame we can't get virgin as my mate on virgin and gets 100meg download

i am with sky 2.4 download speed but says on website up to 20meg thats the loop hole upto

get all excuses its down to my phone line been same for last 10yrs on aol i used to get 1.5

but i only pay £5 a month with sky plus £13 line rental so £18 a month but like every body else in my area i will wait to get fibre optic and see when prices come down

shame we can't get virgin as my mate on virgin and gets 100meg download

If you are in Sheffield (or anywhere in South Yorkshire for that matter), we already offer fibre broadband to over 80% of the region. Go to littlebigone.com/index/availability/ and get an estimate speed for your postcode.

why is there a line rental on these fibre broadbands?.

Does that mean you need to pay a phone and broadband line rental?.

You pay a phone and broadband rental with Sky, BT, etc too. In fact the line rental is one of the most expensive when bought from BT themselves, unless you pay them 12 months up-front. My phone line is with Sky while my broadband is with Origin.

Personally I would highly recommend AGAINST paying the line rental to your ISP where possible, keep it with someone else. Because the best deals for call costs IMO are NOT usually with the companies which bundle broadband with the phone line, although they try to convince you otherwise.

If you keep line rental separate you can also more easily change the company you use for the phone service, without affecting your broadband.

I used to have my phone line and broadband with Be before moving to Origin. It made things much more complicated when I moved as I had to move the phone line first THEN the broadband, or risk getting the line cut off which means you can lose your telephone number and have to pay reconnection fees.

Edited by AlexAtkin

You pay a phone and broadband rental with Sky, BT, etc too. In fact the line rental is one of the most expensive when bought from BT themselves, unless you pay them 12 months up-front. My phone line is with Sky while my broadband is with Origin.

Personally I would highly recommend AGAINST paying the line rental to your ISP where possible, keep it with someone else. Because the best deals for call costs IMO are NOT usually with the companies which bundle broadband with the phone line, although they try to convince you otherwise.

If you keep line rental separate you can also more easily change the company you use for the phone service, without affecting your broadband.

I used to have my phone line and broadband with Be before moving to Origin. It made things much more complicated when I moved as I had to move the phone line first THEN the broadband, or risk getting the line cut off which means you can lose your telephone number and have to pay reconnection fees.

So BT charge for phone + line rental,and Fibre broadband and line rental for that aswell?.So your looking at £26 roughly a month in line rentals?.

I personally Have BT for phone,and BE for broadband,which is £14.08 a month for 8mb down.I have had so many BB companies in the past messing me around,but BE broadband have been very good to me(so far anyways lol).

They are dragging there heels a bit with the fibre stuff,but I think I can hold on and see what they offer(if anything).

Placed an order with Origin... still they look good in the long run.

And a local business thanks your for your support!! :)

Sorry - a bit late replying to this, but if you haven't decided yet you should look at South Yorkshire's own independent fibre network offering speeds of up to 40, 60 or even 80 meg. Go to http://www.littlebigone.com/index/availability to check what speed you could be getting at your postcode!

Shame im in bradway and you dont offer it, there are only 1000's of homes around here as well!!

And a local business thanks your for your support!! :)

Well its not enabled in bradway!!