Who Else Is Fed Up With All The Olympics Hype?

Is anybody else out there fed up with all the Olympics hype on TV etc? Let's face it, who really gives a damn if A can run faster, jump higher, jump further, etc,etc than B? To us "mere mortals" out here whose ego's are not so large as to say "look at me I'm brilliant for beating B" it is extremely boring but then many poor souls feel a need to associate themselves with something whether it be a team of any type or a particular individual.Football fans are the worst with "we beat...".What input did they have?

Is anybody else out there fed up with all the Olympics hype on TV etc? Let's face it, who really gives a damn if A can run faster, jump higher, jump further, etc,etc than B? To us "mere mortals" out here whose ego's are not so large as to say "look at me I'm brilliant for beating B" it is extremely boring but then many poor souls feel a need to associate themselves with something whether it be a team of any type or a particular individual.Football fans are the worst with "we beat...".What input did they have?

Have you never heard of the 12th man,im guessing not.

The fans can have a big input in a football match,you are obviously not a fan so wont know.

I have no interest in the Olympics or the hype surrounding it this time around as they will be very beneficial to London and very expensive for everyone outside London. I grow weary of the same old same old.

You could have posted in one of many Olympic threads http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1027249 here's one for you to jump on and have a good moan like half of SF. Face it..Olympics..it's like Marmite..love it or hate it, but please don't think you're being original by starting a topic that is already being discussed elsewhere, you're just bogging up my Todays Post feed with your whinging. Personally, I love it and the £74 mill it brought into Yorkshire in contracts for the past 7 years to companies who were looking at job losses, and also to the yougsters from our area that are enjoying 2 weeks of well paid work stewarding and not being lazy chavs..nuff said..Mods please merge all Olympic threads into a mega-thread...this lot are beginning to annoy me...at least I can avoid just the one Uber-Moaning-Thread..righto..back to the Ceremony

I have nothing but respect for the people who have spent so much time and effort honing their abilities

The bit that irks me is that those who have no skill or ability other than having started out with more money than everyone else, will be the real winners. More so than those who push their bodies to the limit to be the best they can.

That taints the whole rotten thing. Big Mac and Coke, delivered by UPS anyone (you can't have chippy chips)?

It's the red thing on your remote...it's called the 'off' button

You could have posted in one of many Olympic threads http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1027249 here's one for you to jump on and have a good moan like half of SF. Face it..Olympics..it's like Marmite..love it or hate it, but please don't think you're being original by starting a topic that is already being discussed elsewhere, you're just bogging up my Todays Post feed with your whinging. Personally, I love it and the £74 mill it brought into Yorkshire in contracts for the past 7 years to companies who were looking at job losses, and also to the yougsters from our area that are enjoying 2 weeks of well paid work stewarding and not being lazy chavs..nuff said..Mods please merge all Olympic threads into a mega-thread...this lot are beginning to annoy me...at least I can avoid just the one Uber-Moaning-Thread..righto..back to the Ceremony

Glad to see the ceremony was that good you couldn't take your eyes off the tv to come and winge about a winger.

Glad to see the ceremony was that good you couldn't take your eyes off the tv to come and winge about a winger.

..for all of the 30 seconds it too me to post..P.S I'm just having a time out to re-fill my wine glass and have a wee, I also have a 'Pause' button on my TV...Oh, and it's spelt w'H'inge, anyhoo..back to the Ceremony!! ;)

..for all of the 30 seconds it too me to post..P.S I'm just having a time out to re-fill my wine glass and have a wee, I also have a 'Pause' button on my TV...Oh, and it's spelt w'H'inge, anyhoo..back to the Ceremony!! ;)

Maybe my spelling is bad, but you don't hear me winge about it. ;)

You are kwite klearly moor intelligent than everyone else and have the no-how to serch threds to enable yu to moan in the appropriate plase...

See what i did there.

The Olympics are rubbish....Until we get to the female Gymnast finals.:hihi:

;) Indeed, no whinging...but the Ceremony is amazing, especially when the German Official Representative stood and saluted his Team as they entered the Arena in a rather interesting way, I'm sure it will be picked up by the newspapers, but...really, you had to see it to believe it, the Olympics never fails to produce an historical moment :P