The Olympic Games MEGATHREAD

One of the may things that does disgust me is, after this "show" is over come the honours, they'll be handing them out like jelly tots.

No disrespect but 2 men & their dog, is a big crowd for women's football :D

No disrespect but you have not got a clue what you're talking about.

the end of the ridiculously long torch relay-hurrah!

I listen to Radio 5 live in the mornings,they have never shut up about the Olympic games this week.

Would that be the BBC Sports station Radio 5 Live with sports coverage as its purpose?

Oh, it's covering sport- now, that's something that you don't hear every day...

I was kind of looking forward to watching it on tv, now I am embarrassed and bored of it!:mad:

Would that be the BBC Sports station Radio 5 Live with sports coverage as its purpose?

Oh, it's covering sport- now, that's something that you don't hear every day...

Its because its a major sports event they are discussing sport now,to the exclusion of other news events.

If all they ever talked about was sport it wouldn't be the radio station i would be listening to.

No disrespect but you have not got a clue what you're talking about.

Oh I think I have, there are just some things you leave to the men, playing football is one of them

No disrespect but 2 men & their dog, is a big crowd for women's football :D

Watch out fella's,it may have had a slow start,but its beginning to catch up.:)

To be fair, the women's team could probably wipe the floor with the sorry excuse this Terry and co.

I like that one :D:D

Oh I think I have, there are just some things you leave to the men, playing football is one of them

My sister played for the England ladies team and I have watched the game develop and as I was saying you don't know what you're speaking about, for instance the ladies semi pro game now averages just under 1,000 per game which is more than the mens semi pro leagues average.

Ladies football is not a new thing in 1881 53,000 attended a ladies football match but the FA later banned them from playing at all their grounds, in the modern game 29,000 watched England ladies recently.

Edited by fistygrey

Let's face it, there's going to be a fair bit of sport going on during the next few weeks. It's hardly surprising that it will be televised, broadcast on the radio and reported in the newspapers.

Then - just for something different - there will be commentaries on TV, the Radio and in the newspapers. - It's much cheaper to do commentaries than to go out and find some news to report.