Christmas party venue 2012

Hi,

I know there are various threads on this subject but they are a couple of years old and I've gleemed any useful information from them.

Could anyone recommend a Christmas party venue please? It needs to be pretty central (Sheffield) and be able to cater for 100-150 people with either a sit down meal or a buffet. I'd need it on a Friday night in December.

I know it's crazy to be asking about this when it's 25c outside but it's getting close to the time to book.

Thanks

Anne

I know when we booked in may nearly everywhere we wanted was already booked every fri and sat in December so you might be pushing it. Magna do really good party nights, with full size dodgems! We have also done Baldwins, Holiday inn royal victoria and Bramall Lane, we are a large group- 100 of us. All of those places were good. Hope that helps

What sort of budget are you working with?

Try Ponds Forge,meets all your requirements.

There's nowhere in the centre of Sheffield that serve food for this amount of people.

There are places that say they can, but the quality of their 'food' is exactly the same as what you wouldn't feed your dog. The prerequisite to entering these establishments (and the sole reason they survive) is you must be completely bladdered before entering, have lost a shoe and are wearing a poundland novelty hat (complete with a flashing LED light). A tolerance to 120 decibel distorted musac (normally Greek) is recommended, as well as the ability to throw up in an area of less than three feet.

I don't understand why companies providing this festive feast offer don't just give employees some cash individually, and tell them to go and find a nice place to eat of their own time and choosing.

I've flatly refused to go to these 'Christmas do's' in the past (for the above reasons), and have been told afterwards that I made the right decision.

I am the voice of reason! :)

I've been to a Christmas party at Bramall Lane and it was good. Carvery and then a disco. Not a bad night. I've also been to Magna which was fantastic but we try to go somewhere different each year.

Does anyone know if the comedy club still operates in the Roundhouse?

Wow you're organised. We probably won't think about ours until a couple of months before.

I've been to a Christmas party at Bramall Lane and it was good. Carvery and then a disco. Not a bad night. I've also been to Magna which was fantastic but we try to go somewhere different each year.

Does anyone know if the comedy club still operates in the Roundhouse?

The roundhouse has been a gym for a good few years now at ponds forge. The comedy nights though are at the city hall.

How about Whirlowbrook Hall? Haven't been for years but their food used to be great.

We went to the ponds forge xmas party last year, it was fantastic and the food was amazing, not sure if they'll do similar this year or not but im sure you could have the entire night to yourselves instead of mixing with other companies xx

Hi,

I know there are various threads on this subject but they are a couple of years old and I've gleemed any useful information from them.

Could anyone recommend a Christmas party venue please? It needs to be pretty central (Sheffield) and be able to cater for 100-150 people with either a sit down meal or a buffet. I'd need it on a Friday night in December.

I know it's crazy to be asking about this when it's 25c outside but it's getting close to the time to book.

Thanks

Anne

THE OLD RECTORY HANDSWORTH can do everything you require & have some dates available in December.

contact Tim

http://www.orh.org.uk/

email [email protected]​g.uk

ponds forge is out of this world worthy of every penny